The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking an experienced Sr. Java Developer with a TS/SCI with Lifestyle polygraph clearance for a program in Annapolis Junction, MD.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: The Prototype Development Support (PDS II) program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer's Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, PDS II looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the PDS II program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment.
As a Senior Java Developer you will be responsible for developing cloud analytics to support discovery efforts. Working in a smaller dynamic team, you will provide new ways to solve customers' questions and improve methods utilized to derive those answers. The successful candidate will work with people from a variety of organizations and help them improve the tradecraft used in those organizations. This job is perfect for someone who wants to be part of a team that constantly strives to provide the best solutions in a fast paced, highly collaborative, challenging environment.
What you will like about this position...
- Opportunity to work within the corporate architecture and utilizing Map/Reduce within Java
- Develop new ways of assisting analysts with identification of new opportunities to research.
Bachelor's Degree and 12 years of experience. Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Twelve plus (12+) years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline.
- At least five (5) years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least four (4) year of experience as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- Strong Java development experience
- Experience with Apache NiFi
- Experience with version control (Git/Subversion)
- Experience with customer's GM and MASH architectures is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile development environment using Jira (or other tool).
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Experience working with Big Data environments using Java and Map/Reduce