The Defense Group within Leidos has an opening for a Logistics Analyst. The candidate will provide logistics lifecycle sustainment and maintenance management support for chemical demilitarization systems and components at Aberdeen Proving Ground - South. As part of a larger logistics and training team, the candidate will support the Recovered Chemical Materiel Directorate (RCMD) in the analysis, development, and publication of comprehensive maintenance strategies, policies, repair and parts manuals, and provide input to training products as required. The candidate will work closely with clients and contract employees to develop technical logistics products specific to chemical demilitarization and all hazards support projects .
The candidate will be expected to update and develop comprehensive logistics and maintenance documentation in accordance with both contractor format and military standard requirements. The candidate will be required to interface directly with contractor, government, and other stakeholder staff to analyze equipment systems and develop maintenance and sustainment documentation to be used by system operators. Daily activities will include interviews with system subject matter experts, analysis of existing maintenance and sustainment materials, analysis of part and component listings, development of maintenance and sustainment workflows and written processes, and development of graphics. The candidate will be expected to become a subject matter expert in customer maintenance strategies and goals and apply those to all written documentation.
The candidate will contribute to in-process review briefings, review; comment on, and develop program-related documents, plans and reports; draft technical papers; participate in project evaluations; assist in the provision of maintenance planning for RCMD systems; respond to customer inquiries; and verify product technical quality. The candidate will be required to support the Leidos program manager with monthly integrated product team meetings, and prepare meeting minutes and an action tracking log as required.
This position will be located in Aberdeen Proving Ground - South, co-located with the customer.
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience,
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to interact effectively with team members, senior managers, and clients.
- A strong background in and/or understanding of complex mechanical systems that include hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Demonstrated experience working with prime contractors to meet customer requirements.
- Excellent data gathering and writing skills.
- Skilled in the Microsoft Office suite and related graphics tools.
- Previous experience supporting military or civilian maintenance operations.
- Experience writing maintenance operating procedures.
- Firsthand experience in chemical demilitarization and/or CBRNE customers.
- Experience in commercial practices and technology related to the DoD logistics and sustainment industry.
- AutoCAD or SolidWorks experience.
- Experience developing military standard maintenance manuals.