Leidos has a career opportunity for a Benefits Specialist located in Reston, VA.
• Manage new vendor service offerings, assist in determining impact on plan and update plan rules, administrative processes, and participant communications accordingly;
• Act as project manager on required and desired plan changes;
• Manage health and welfare day-to-day vendor relationships, coordinate team and delivery of vendor services;
• Assist in researching and analyzing plan trends, benchmarking, and other data to ensure Leidos programs are competitive;
• Develop recommendations for improvements in plan design and administration;
• Review and update communication materials (web sites, SPDs, enrollment materials, etc.) where necessary or desirable to ensure accuracy and compliance;
• Support plan compliance and plan financial administration;
• Ensure proper records and plan controls are maintained;
• Work effectively with and support Leidos Enterprise Shared Services staff to resolve program and employee questions and issues;
• Assist in managing the annual benefit enrollment processes;
• Assist in designing and executing ongoing benefits strategy;
• Review and support plan non-discrimination testing;
• Identify testing issues and recommend corrective actions, if necessary;
• Assist Finance with IRS filings and Plan Audits as needed;
• Work independently to establish necessary timeline and required notifications in accordance with ACA and ERISA requirements;
• Review and finalize UAT with vendor teams to ensure accurate rollout of all plan changes; and
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Position may include occasional travel (up to 5% of time).
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university required and 8+ years of related experience. Additional years' experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
• 6+ years of benefits experience in plan design and administration, benefits communication and broker negotiation;
• Demonstrated experience and success with managing complex benefits projects with multiple departments and a large number of participants;
• Working knowledge of compliance with ERISA, IRS laws, and current regulations pertinent to health and welfare plans desired;
• Excellent verbal (including presentation) and written communication skills; and
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• CEBS preferred.
• Workday HCM desired.
Key Skills and Attributes for Success in this Role:
• Strong project management and organizational skills;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Strong team player with demonstrated ability to interact effectively with peers and all levels of management;
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and act as a change agent;
• Must be a dependable, self-starter, detail- and results-oriented;
• Adherence to highest levels of confidentiality, discretion and integrity; and
• Position will be filled at a level consistent with the candidate's qualifications and experience.