Expert Software Engineer
Work as a Software Engineer in a collaborative team-focused environment. Take responsibility for prototyping, designing, developing and integrating niche tools which will be used in an operational environment. Lead parts of software development efforts through all aspects of the software engineering life cycle including scope and work estimation, design, documentation, implementation, testing and integration. Assist in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints.
Must be dynamic, innovative, self-starting problem solver. Must have the aptitude and attitude to tackle unsolved technical challenges.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Creating new tools and applications using a variety of software languages, frameworks and libraries
- Refining and enhancing existing applications to better meet the customer's mission.
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 15+ years' experience in software engineering. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- 8+ years' experience working in software engineering, applications development and/or web application development and deployment
- Experience with Linux(CentOS) WMware, Apache (middleware) and performing Linus systems administration
- Experience with Windows system administration
- Experience with firewalls and with network connectivity
- Extensive understanding of both Type-1 and Type-2 encryption, including virtual private networks (VPNs) from both an engineering and implementation perspectives
- Knowledge of Agile development using SAFe
- Experience using Jira