The Leidos Health Products & Service Group has openings for Software Developers with experience in the healthcare or commercial software industry to provide design, write and maintain source code, create and maintain software applications and applying frameworks to deliver innovative Healthcare commercial products, services or a combination of products and services. This position will preferably be based out of our office in Morgantown, WV. The responsibilities for this position include all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing. You will get a chance to exercise your judgment in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer facing, fast paced, agile environment.
• Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug mission critical software source code using modern software development languages and tools, such as Java
• Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters
• Use Jira, Confluence, Nexus, Bitbucket/Subversion development operations, collaboration and source control tools
• Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing
• Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them• Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics
• Develop maintainable code that matches specification• Perform unit testing of code, including manipulation of data for analysis of system requirements
• Own the delivery of an small parts of a system or application
• Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
• Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with 4 - 8 years of experience
• Master's degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with 2 - 6 years of experience
• Knowledge and experience with architecture and complex system engineering documentation
• Solid experience with Java/C++ and object oriented programming (you will be required to successfully pass a test) as well as a solid understanding of software development process fundamentals
• A strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
• Familiarity with web application technologies, such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, etc.
• Knowledge of a version control system (e.g., Git)
• Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
• Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Windows, LINUX, etc.).
• Familiarity with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
• Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
• Familiarity with NoSql databases (Apache Accumulo, MongoDB, etc.)