Requisition - Systems Engineer - T6
Senior Systems Engineer Supporting Space Communications Program Execution (TS//SCI)
Responsible for technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding. Evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems. Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical advice/input to customer's System Program Director that lays the strategic foundation for critical, National capability and customer's future initiatives
- Maintain situational awareness of very dynamic customer market space for purposes of identifying opportunities where Leidos can provide additional support
- Continually assess customer's business practices and recommend new solutions, processes, standards or operational plans that can improve the customer's core mission effectiveness
- Perform as System Program Director's technical lead on large, complex set of programs
- Mentor and coach for other contractor and USG technical staff
- Resolve highly complex and multi-dimensional problems requiring consideration of variables that impact multiple aspects of the project/program.
- Lead development of highly innovative products/solutions, achieved through collaboration and dialogue with other experts in the field.
- Support senior AF leaders as Senior Staff Officer contractor support
- Execute the Systems Engineer "V" process for customer programs: systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
- Extensive Program Management and Acquisition Execution experience
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 15+ years of prior relevant experience
- Generally has 12+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience with Special Access Program activities
- Desire candidate possess Masters with 15 - 20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 - 16 years of prior relevant experience.
- Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
- Willingness to submit to and successfully complete a Counterintelligence polygraph
- Requires knowledge and mastery of highly advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts.
- Viewed as a subject matter expert within the field by peers and outside the organization.
- Requires extensive management and leadership knowledge to assist customer leadership manage cross-unit project / program teams and manage across multiple functions
- Must have the ability to work in a very dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative
- Ability to anticipate and prepare responses / briefing materials for senior USG leadership questions related to customer's specific program matters
- Ability to confidently present technical details to customer's Senior leaders
- Ability to communicate with executive leadership regarding matters of significant importance to the organization