The QRC Airborne ISR Division of Leidos has an opening in Bridgewater, VA for a Systems Engineer. As a Systems Engineer supporting multiple airborne programs, this position supports the Project Engineering Manager and multiple program managers by accomplishment of the tasks described below:
- As part of an engineering team, execute midsize engineering projects with aggressive timelines while interfacing with Government and industry customers and airworthiness authorities to understand requirements and develop innovative solutions.
- Applies systems engineering principles to plan, design, build, integrate, test, certify, and operationally sustain manned aircraft.
- Works closely with Program Managers to capture and derive program requirements, track and reports task statuses, and ensure tasks are executed efficiently and on schedule.
- Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation.
- Work closely with the engineering team to plan, execute, document, and deliver airworthiness and requirements documentation for the design, production, and testing of aircraft systems.
- Work closely with the configuration management team to development and maintain aircraft configuration documentation.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited institution and minimum of two (2) years of related systems engineering; degree can be substituted with minimum total of seven (7) years of systems engineering experience.
- Diverse engineering experience with hardware integration programs, as well as experience working in an agile engineering environment.
- Experience reading engineering drawings, both mechanical and electrical.
- Comfortable in presenting program status briefs to customers and senior decision makers.
- Leadership, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office software products.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
- Candidate must be able to travel throughout the U.S. to support program events and have the ability to obtain a passport or visa to travel internationally.
- Knowledge and experience in the development of ISR aircraft.
- Knowledge and experience AR 70-62 or other Military or Civil airworthiness certifications processes.
- Technical Master's Degree.
- INCOSE ASEP/CSEP or DODAF certified or PMP Certified