The Defense group at Leidos is seeking an Engineering Manager in Reston, VA.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and managing resources, including subcontractors in support of the GCSS-II Air Force contract. The ideal candidate will be experienced in leading several small projects with Air Force customers while motivating staff to meet and exceed customer expectations. Lead meetings with key stakeholders to gather requirements, analyze impact, finalize plans as steps in an agile process supported by Product Owners. Demonstrated ability to create input for data-driven decisions, and a track record of follow through on the implementation of such decisions.
Proven leadership in communication, relationship management, strategy implementation and program management in addition to understanding of the agile software development process. The program is dispersed at various physical locations where the work is being conducted. Travel will be required.
- Organizing, directing, and managing all aspects of contract operational support functions involving multiple complex and inter-related project tasks that will require managing/coordinating with teams of sub-contractor personnel at multiple locations.
- Provide overall direction of program activities, manage and maintain contractor interface with the senior levels of the customer's organization, consult with customer and sub-contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverables, ensure conformance with program and project task schedules and costs and contractual obligations.
- Establish and maintain technical baselines and financial reports to show progress of projects to management and customers, organize and assign responsibilities to subordinates, oversee the successful completion of all assigned tasks
- Manage a diverse teleworking/virtual team of IT professionals to ensure the success of the program
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Working knowledge or Agile
- Working knowledge of how to navigate JIRA
- Working knowledge of AWS &/or Azure Cloud services
- Working knowledge of how applications are designed using cloud services
- U.S. Citizenship
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in managing multiple, major programs for government customers
- Demonstrated experience leading personnel in the federal sector
- Knowledge of PM fundamentals and Project Controls
- Currently possess an active Secret Clearance
- Certifications in Agile/SAFe and cloud are highly desirable
- Project Management Certification (PMP)
- Technical understanding of IdAM, ITSM and Message and Mediation systems and products