The Homeland Security Solution Operation within Leidos is seeking a Systems Architect to support a national scale service for next generation end-to-end credentialing and enrollment services for populations of workers and travelers seeking access to the nation's critical transportation systems and other infrastructure.
The successful Systems Architect shall:
• Participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and able to explore alternatives
• Development solutions that impact strategic project/program goals and business results.
• Develop new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of functions strategy and operations.
• Lead and manage technical staff that has significant impact on project results/outputs
• Resolve highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
• Develop solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through research and integration of best practices
• Define subsystems and their interfaces; allocates responsibilities to subsystems
• Develop, understand, and dissect metrics, including backlog tracking, burn-down metrics, velocity, and task definition familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
• Communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project.
• Works to convince others to accept areas view/current practices and agree/accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust suitability determination
• U.S. Citizenship
List additional skills and experience that is "nice to have" but not required.
• Experience developing architectural systems which meet the needs/requirements of an organization or client
• Experience organizing and planning architectural structures to meet cost-benefit specifications
• Have an understanding of software processes and methodologies and ability to speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
• Experience within the Department of Homeland Security
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.