The Homeland Security Solutions Operation at Leidos is seeking a proven Security Engineer to support a national scale service for next generation end-to-end credentialing and enrollment services for populations of workers and travelers seeking access to the nation's critical transportation systems and other infrastructure.
The successful Security Engineer shall:
• Lead assessments of IT systems compliance IAW Federal IT Security standards (e.g. NIST 800-53, FISMA).
• Implement Federal Certification and Accreditation practices.
• Respond to security audits and compliance assessments including decomposing auditor requests to actionable items, compiling and presenting security audit artifacts.
• Evaluate IT system compliance with government and commercial security practices (e.g. DISA STIGS, SANS Top 25)
• Conduct gap analysis, performance metrics, and provide technical recommendations of operational capabilities, compared to the latest known adversary tools and TTPs
• Identify new technologies that support the DHS/TSA mission
• Write and publish concepts, trends, and guidance to appropriate stakeholders
• Conduct assessments of projected risks; make predictions about threats to federal networks and critical infrastructure sectors, and conduct case studies
• Ensure realistic technical considerations are incorporated into initiative planning and execution
• Develop/implement tools that help define, observe, and assess actions that support DHS/TSA strategy
• Present capability and technology roadmaps
• Provide technical assistance in the development of Business Impact Analyses (BIA), Business Continuity Plans (BCPs), and Disaster Recovery Plans (DRPs)
• Experience with one or more of the security compliance managements systems used by federal or DOD customers (e.g. CSAM, XACTA, Risk Vision).
• Knowledge of enterprise scale IT systems, architectures and components (servers, and virtualization, networking, security appliances, SAAS, IAAS) particularly the system integration challenges balancing secure operations with operational need.
• Solid communication and documentation skills
• Education - BS degree and 10 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 8 years of prior relevant experience.
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust suitability determination
• U.S. Citizenship
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.