The Homeland Security Solutions Operation at Leidos is seeking a proven Systems Engineer to support a national scale service for next generation end-to-end credentialing and enrollment services for populations of workers and travelers seeking access to the nation's critical transportation systems and other infrastructure.
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
The successful Systems Engineer shall:
• Convey technical designs, ideas and results to non-technical audiences and provide briefings to high-level government personnel
• Understanding of concurrency (C++ threading models and patterns)
• Plan and assign tasks, monitor delivery, and work assignments.
• Review all work products prior to delivery to the Government.
• Support assessments of projected risks; make predictions and assessments regarding federal networks and critical infrastructure sectors, and conduct case studies.
• Support the adoption and/or implementation of Federal and national standards or guidance to enhance training and skills development for the Federal workforce
• Develop and present capability and technology roadmaps.
• Support development and maintenance of Continuity of Operations (COOP) Plans and other operations planning documentation.
• Provide technical assistance in the development of Business Impact Analyses (BIA), Business Continuity Plans (BCPs), and Disaster Recovery Plans (DRPs).
• Provide engineering and technical support services to functional groups to include providing specific tool studies, systems analyses, testing and evaluation, and to supplement operational technical assistance as required.
• Provide support to programming code reviews, determining system performance specifications, identifying and resolving interoperability problems, developing requirements, determining parameters, and resolving conflicts between disparate technologies as they arise.
• Provide engineering and technical assistance support to include technical support for current, proposed, and potential infrastructure related mission objectives.
• Provide subject matter expertise to assist with matters to include strategies for improving resource allocation, alignment of work, and improving work-life balance for employees.
• Experience in User Interface development technologies, such as HTML5, NodeJS, AngularJS, etc.
• Experience analyzing software architectures using CMU SEI approaches
• Experience in C++, JNI, and Agile framework
• Education -Required BS degree and 10+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 8+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust suitability determination
• U.S. Citizenship
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.