The Homeland Security Solutions Operation at Leidos is seeking a proven Systems Engineer to support a national scale service for next generation end-to-end credentialing and enrollment services for populations of workers and travelers seeking access to the nation's critical transportation systems and other infrastructure.
The successful Systems Engineer shall:
• Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems, and information technology related responsibilities including:
o Design, development, and analysis of computer systems or programs based on and related to user or system design specifications;
o Applying systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications.
• Perform analyses at all levels of total system product to include concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Work with Agile SecDevOps software development teams and hardware engineers as needed to ensure the customer requirements are accurately translated into user and stakeholder needs.
• Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Convey technical designs, ideas and results to both technical and non-technical audiences, and provide briefings to high-level government or management personnel.
• Experience with both new system development and in-flight enhancements to existing systems.
• Experience with requirements analysis, stakeholder requirements gathering, and deriving desired enhancements or innovations not previously visualized.
• Experience in analyzing existing software applications that may not have been fully documented, or which evolved over time without consistent documentation.
• Experience with Model-Based System Engineering.
• Experience serving as Systems Engineer to an Agile development team.
• U.S. Citizenship.
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust suitability determination.
• Experience working with the Department of Homeland Security, TSA, and with the Agile-tailored SELC process used by these organizations.
• INCOSE Certification.
• Experience with OMG SysML.
• Experience with one or more MBSE tool suites
Rational Team Concert
o No Magic
Cameo Systems Modeler Architect Edition
Associated collaboration and simulation tools
• Experience with Behavior Driven Development and/or Test-Driven Development.
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.