The Leidos Cybersecurity Capabilities Organization has an immediate opening for an experienced, and motivated Knowledge Management Engineer. This role can be supported from one of the following locations: Gaithersburg - MD, Reston - VA or Orlando - FL.
As a member of the Development Security Engineering Team (DevSecEng), the Knowledge Management Engineer will work with Leidos' Cybersecurity Intelligence and Response Center (CSIRC), Security Controls and Configuration (SCC) Team, and other Security Engineering and Architecture (SAE) teams to design and deploy Knowledge Management and Collaboration solutions to enhance productivity and operational effectiveness of the organization.
This KM-focused role will be responsible for gathering requirements from each functional area within the organization and working with developers and key staff to develop and deploy a solution to meet those requirements. An effective solution could be an internally developed product; a commercial solution with custom integrations; or a combination of both. In addition, the KM Engineer will assist with the creation of a DevOps tool set, processes and will support the SDLC of all internally developed products. The KM Engineer is expected to be a subject matter expert (SME) on all things knowledge related and will support team members with the integration and usage of said KM systems.
- Act as a technical SME for all Knowledge Management and Collaboration systems within the organization
- Work closely with the CSIRC and developers to design and implement a custom Knowledge Management solution focused on Security Incident Response and Threat Intelligence Management
- Design and Implement a Knowledge Management Solution for the SAE organization using a commercial web-based collaboration platform
- Perform an analysis of alternatives (AoA) on commercially available KM and Collaboration products as needed to stay abreast of the capabilities in the space
- Play a key role in the creation of a DevOps toolset and supporting processes
- Provide database and web application support for existing KM tools
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of experience in Information Security.
- US citizenship is required and must be able to obtain security clearance.
- At least 3 years of experience designing and implementing Knowledge Management and Collaboration Systems with a focus on cyber security use cases.
- Experience designing, implementing, or maintaining workflows within a major KM/CM solution (Archer, ServiceNow, JIRA, Demisto, or Phantom, etc.)
- Experience with a major Security Event and Information Management (SIEM) Solution and associated integration requirements
- Ability to write and verbally communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must have strong problem-solving and analytical skills and demonstrate poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations.
- 3+ years programming experience (Java, C/C++, Go, Python, Perl)
- Detailed understanding of system integration using APIs (JSON, REST, XML)
- Experience with Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) tools
- Experience designing, implementing and managing relational and NoSQL databases (MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Experience managing a Threat Intelligence Sharing Platform
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with the Project Management Life Cycle
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI)
- Familiarity with Agile Software Development approach
- Experience with one of the following tools is a plus: Gitlab, Slack, Nuclino, Jive, Confluence, BitBucket, Request Tracker, Sharepoint, ServiceNow, Tettra, Spoke, Atlassian, Jira, Contabulo, Remedy Knowledge Management
- Experience with one of the following SOAR tools is a plus: Swimlane, Demisto, Anomali, Ayehu, CyberSponse, DFLabs, Phantom, Resolve Systems, ServiceNow Security Operations, Syncurity, ThreatConnect, ThreatQuotient