More About the Role:
NASA's projects, like its users, span the nation and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Project Manager with Leidos in support of NASA, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
What You'll Get to Do:
-Leidos is seeking an accomplished data architect to lead a cross-functional team delivering continuous capability utilizing data analytics, business reporting, and AI.
-The successful candidate will lead the design and implementation of data analytics and business reporting solutions across a large, complex organization.
-Will collaborate with a diverse workforce within a matrix environment and be able to communicate effectively in obtaining and synthesizing requirements from external stakeholders, while working with the team to implement new technical solutions leveraging advanced data analytics and AI.
-Will manage resources, budget, schedule, customer engagement, and ensure high end-user satisfaction. -Additionally, the candidate must possess strong creative, communication, and collaboration skills.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
-Requires a BA Degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of experience.
• Practitioner's experience with data science techniques - leveraging scientific methods, processes, algorithms and systems to extract knowledge and insights from data in various forms, both structured and unstructured
• Demonstrated knowledge of Data Architecture concepts - conceptual and logical modeling, methods, and strategies.
• In-depth knowledge of data warehousing, operational data stores, and business intelligence strategies and design including analytics.
• Experience with knowledge representation, information visualization, and analytics, e.g. dashboards, ad-hoc reporting, visualization
• Experience with one or more BI tools such as Oracle OBIA, Tableau, PowerPivot, etc
• Proven experience successfully managing budgets, schedule, and resources
• Experience working with Agile software development methodology
• Experience leading a matrixed team leveraging Agile/Scrum concepts
• Familiarity with organizational change management including end user training
• Experience creating and implementing plans per project goals and objectives
• Demonstrates a high degree of customer service and team work
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Working knowledge of project management concepts as defined by PMI
• Knowledge of ITIL concepts
• Experience working in a highly matrixed organization
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• PMP Certification
• ITIL v3 Foundations Certification
• Experience working in the NASA environment.