PaaS Ops team is the department which runs, builds and maintains the Leidos IT infrastructure. The role is for the Middleware Administrator who is responsible for delivering middleware components within projects, maintaining the Middleware infrastructure and providing service support in middleware operations.
This role provides exposure to leading software technology and underlying platforms operating mission critical services to the group.
- Implementation of complex changes to Middleware Hosted infrastructure and provide middleware integration solutions for various applications and data across the enterprise
- Expertise in providing technical support and administration of WebSphere Application servers (7.0/8.0/8.5.5), IBM HTTP Server, IIS, Apache, JBoss application server on different UNIX platforms (Sun-Solaris AIX and RHEL Linux, X86, z-Linux), Windows and setting up the development, testing/validation, Production and DR environments.
- Expertise in the Administration, Installing, Configuring Web Servers like Apache 2.0, Sun ONE 6.1, Webserver (iPlanet), Apache Webserver.
- Design and implement resilient systems in line with integration requirements and project plans
- Experience working with the latest versions and fixes of IBM WebSphere Products, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, IBM Http server, Apache webservers, MDM Software, etc.
- Hands on experience working with high availability systems and administering and architecting middleware environments, including deployments, upgrades, configurations, setup, troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Negotiate timescales with project stakeholders to meet the business objective
- Lead and drive solutions that meets the requirements and are compliant to Leidos Standards
- Create Java Virtual Machines using WebSphere and IBM Webserver including installation, configuration and setup.
- Expertise in SSL certificate setup and configuration and supporting COTS middleware integration products end to end
- React quickly and as necessary to systems errors and service problems to minimize downtime and restore service.
- Works closely with the application development organization and other functional IT areas to determine best practices, tuning, problem resolution and root cause analysis in the WAS & Middleware space
- Attend incident resolution calls and be able to clearly articulate basic technical issues as seen on the systems, understand the actions required, perform the actions and then report back on the outcomes.
- Identification of root cause and implementation of permanent fix
- Experience with Shell scripting, wsadmin, jython/python, developing playbooks with Ansible and use these tools to develop scripts to automate middleware administration task ( Ex - Builds, patching, deployments )
- Experience with using a ticketing system to document and track work status. Proficiency in using SERVICE NOW, and JIRA ticketing systems. Create/generate reports, dashboards and homepages.
- Prepare documentation that explains the technical solution clearly, to various stakeholders who may have different level of technical skills
- Provide 24/7 on call support to the development team in both testing and production environment, and analysis (troubleshooting) of log files to resolve issues.
- Experience in Wily Introscope, New relic, HP-Diag monitoring tools.
- Quality Interpersonal, Presentation and Communication skills and ability to maintain good co-ordination with the team members.
BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience