Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of data center services to our CMS customers and is structured around both current and legacy platforms in a consumption-based services model. We are looking to add skilled, energetic leaders and technologists who believe in cross functional teams, exhibit broad-based skills, maintain a customer-focused mindset, and have a willingness to step out of their work stream to complete the job.
With a "no downtime, zero outages" vision and mantra, we support a range of data center needs ranging from self-service to white-glove services, all of which are based on our customer's required level of support. Our organization is comprised of teams supporting PMO, Security, Quality, Intake, Service Delivery, Engineering, and Service Operations. With these teams, there is access to resources from our functional teams supporting Network, Security, Firewall, z/OS and z/VM operations, Unix Operations, Change Management, Monitoring, Capacity Management, Windows Operations, and Storage Operations. Part of everyone's responsibility is to help drive the new consumption-based services oriented model.
Now to you - your mission, if you choose to accept it as a Sr. Middleware Administrator is to be able to integrate into our team and automate processes such as COTS (Commercial Off-The-Shelf), WebSphere suite, Content and Data Management product installation, configuration, patching and other maintenances. The engineer must also be able to troubleshoot and resolve application run-time issues, and provide recommendation regarding changes necessary for the architecture of the application or the application code to prevent such issues from recurring. A quick learner is needed to configure new web applications and also to modernize the current applications with new COTS and other middleware products. Your goal will be to work with all teams to help Leidos ensure delivery of high-quality, robust, and scalable solutions with minimal or no business impact.
The current work environment is on-site at Leidos in Woodlawn, Maryland with potential for on-site work at Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services i.e. CMS (in the same location). Telecommuting opportunities are currently being evaluated and may become available in the future based upon teams supported, work hours, and work performance.
- Create Java Virtual Machines using WebSphere, Jboss, TIBCO including installation, configuration and end to end setup. Expertise in SSL certificate setup and configuration and supporting COTS middleware integration products end to end. Must have Shell, Python and Ansible scripting skills.
- Excellent communication skills and should present with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members.
- Hands on experience working with high availability systems and administering and architecting middleware environments, including deployments, upgrades, configurations, setup, troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Expert level work experience with the latest versions of IBM WebSphere Products, Apache, iplanet, IBM Http server, TIBCO, Jboss, WebLogic, MICROSTRATEGY, Business Objects, IBM FileNet Content Management and P8 Administration.
- Experience working with Installing and configuring Enterprise Content Management Products like IBM Content Manager, IBM Content Navigator, IBM Case Manager for Investigations and IBM Daeja ViewONE.
- Hands on experience to create FileNet P8 Domain, configure datasources, object stores and create workflows.
- Provides technical consulting on the use & integration of the Middleware system utilities, tools, and applications.
- Strong experience with various operating systems like Red Hat Linux (Z-Linux), x86, Solaris, and Windows.
- Work flow experience with databases, LDAP, SSO, Firewall, Load Balancer, XML Gateway and other related technologies
- Hands on experience with Shell scripting, wsadmin, Jython/Python, developing playbooks with Ansible and use these tools to develop scripts to automate middleware administration task ( Ex - Builds, patching, deployments )
- Familiarity with using a ticketing system to document and track work status. Proficiency in using SERVICE NOW, and JIRA ticketing systems. Create/generate reports, dashboards and homepages.
- Experience working with configuring and monitoring tools like CA Wily, NEW RELIC, SPLUNK and EXTRAHOP and able to analyze the dashboard reports• Propose, design, and implement enhancements and additions to current environment. Research, evaluate and test new middleware products and/or technologies and implement POCs (Proof Of Concepts) and Pilot projects
- Ensures adherence to established standards and consults with senior leadership on technology solutions and recommend strategies for technical aspects of system improvements.
- Works closely with the application development organization and other functional IT areas to determine best practices, tuning, problem resolution and root cause analysis in the WAS & Middleware space.
- Experience with IBM PMR and efficient case escalations
- Manages engineering and operational service metrics with actionable plans to improve operational efficiency, enhance service quality/SLA, and optimize delivery. Strong Understanding of ITIL Principles, On-Call Coverage during off hours and Holidays.
Certifications in Middleware or related technologies would be preferred
BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.