A high performing program at Leidos is looking for highly motivated personnel with an IT background. Applicants must be willing to work various hours to possibly include weekends. An ACTIVE TS/SCI REQUIRED and willing and able to obtain a POLY is required for consideration. This position is an SHIFT position. Must be willing to work evening shift.
The Operations team is responsible for 24X7 operational support of a mission-critical Enterprise Identity & Access Management system for the US Government. The position includes operational monitoring and management of Linux servers and COTS software, as well as acting as a contact for users who need assistance.
Specific duties for this position include:
- Ability to quickly respond to system anomalies and independently make configuration updates to ensure 99.999% system availability requirements.
- Analyze Linux log data to effectively administer and maintain Oracle Identity and Access Management stack.
- Monitor system performance and take corrective actions as required
- Design, develop and implement new application monitoring software, as well as customizing existing monitoring tools to fit program needs.
- Investigate and resolve user application access issues.
- Resolve name change issues by updating system directory/LDAP with appropriate attribute changes from customer database.
- Document incidents, workaround, root cause analysis, and corrective actions
- Perform system checkouts and testing of system upgrades and patches in the operational environments
- Coordinate with enterprise partners on system outages and make decisions on system failover to different availability zones or data centers.
- Independently represent the program in supporting consumer or mission partner maintenance activities
- Coordinate communications with End Users, Tier 1, Tier 3, Management, mission partners, and Government Leadership
- Review and report meaningful metrics
- Produce written guides and operational procedures on how to utilize specific software tools to include custom Linux scripts and tailored COTS products.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Comfortable discussing technical information with users and other support personnel
- Ability to quickly learn new software and IT concepts
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as an integral member of a team
- Ability to work various shifts to possibly include weekends
- Must have active TS/SCI Clearance w/ability to obtain Polygraph
- Linux/UNIX experience
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Requires HS Diploma and 8+ years of prior relevant experience OR BS degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
"External Referral Eligible"