No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
As a member of the Development and Engineering team, the candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Use Data Science and engineering techniques to satisfy customer requirements. Additional tasks include:
- Evaluates and uses algorithms for Natural Language Process (NLP), Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Machine Learning (ML).
- Uses large data sets to perform entity resolution and extraction for work products and creates models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
- This role collaborates across a team of Data Scientist, Developers, Engineers, and Administrators to produce work products.
- Designs and develops methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse sources including ""big data"" sources.
- Develops and uses advanced software programs, algorithms, query techniques, models complex business problems, and automated processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate datasets.
- Analyzes the requirements and evaluates technologies for data science capabilities including Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, predictive modeling, statistical analysis and hypothesis testing. Works with cross-discipline teams to ensure connectivity between various data sources and business problems.
- Identifies meaningful insights and interprets and communicates findings and recommendations.
- Develops algorithms and analytical techniques to improve business performance. Maintains awareness of emerging analytics and big-data technologies.
- Applies specialized knowledge of primary technical or business discipline.
- Requires broad knowledge of several technical or business fields and extensive knowledge of his/her specialty.
- Technology expert on delivering technological or business requirements and solving problems within medium to large IT or business environments, which includes, but is not limited to Compute, Storage, Data Services, Network, Resource Management, Information Assurance, Tool and Application development, and Government business models for finance, procurement and human resources.
- Provides technical expertise, guidance, and leadership in the given area of expertise.
- Master's degree and 15+ years of related experience, additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Experience planning and leading major technology assignments.
- Experience evaluating performance results and recommending major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Experience as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- Experience supervising others.
- Experience working with Agile software development methodology.
- Experience working in the NASA environment.