No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
As a member of the Development and Engineering team, the candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Modernize the NASA IT systems
- Provide the engineering expertise to operate in a NASA controlled environment
- Be able to support local and remote customer's System support needs
- Work with the NASA and Leidos team to maintain and enhance existing systems
- Provide the support needed for system engineering and software development functions
- Articulate user needs and requirements and transform into high level designs
- Develop and implement system test and verification procedures
- Tasks include working with NASA to maintain compliance with security standards and compliance directives
- The individual must be able to demonstrate the ability to balance user and functional requirements in an ever changing environment
- Senior-level systems engineering support
- Applies comprehensive knowledge of concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments
- Provides analysis related to the design, development, and integration of hardware, software, man-machine interfaces and all system level requirements to provide an integrated IT solution
- Develops integrated system test requirement, strategies, devices and systems
- Directs overall system level testing
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline and 4+ years related experience
- Ability to apply System Engineering principles/process
- Knowledge of the Systems Engineering lifecycle
- Ability to develop, document, and verify A/B Level requirements
- Ability to develop and document overall System Level design, function, and performance criteria
- Ability to develop prototypes for suggested/recommended solutions
- Ability to debug and correct system level problems and issues
- Experience in use of Windows, Linux, and MacOS operating systems
- Strong communication skills to interface with internal and external customers
- Experience with Windows, Linux and macOS systems packaging software and operations - SCCM, Yum, Jamf, BigFix
- Experience with ITSM systems, especially ServiceNow
- Experience working with Agile software development methodology
- Experience working in the NASA environment.
- Detailed knowledge of the packaging details of all client platforms - Windows, macOS, Linux.
- Very good knowledge of the client/server architectures associated with Windows, Linux and macOS