No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
As a member of the NEST Operations Team, the candidate will provide support to other NEST teams and will provide comprehensive support for enterprise Apple desktop systems. The individual will be responsible for delivering end user services to include desktop services, mobility and collaboration technologies. This role will ensure the overall health and availability of End User systems. Provide quality support for enterprise desktops, and other enterprise technologies with a focus on client service. The individual will be responsible for supporting and executing the IT Service Management (ITSM) processes, and supporting technical solutions to satisfy business needs. Ensure end user services are defined and supported by the processes as guided by the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
- Expert-level systems administration support
- Applies expert knowledge of concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments
- Performs work that requires expert practical experience and training
- Responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers, including virtual, cloud, as well as web servers, in support of business processing requirements
- Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures
- Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels
- Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions
- Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations
- Supports media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services
- Develops and promotes standard operating procedures
- Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years related experience, additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Very good understanding of macOS and its hardware configurations.
- Experience with Casper/Jamf
- Remote Desktop Services (Login and ssh), including Citrix, experience
- Understanding of backup tools (e.g., NetBackup)
- Understanding of anti-virus/anti-malware tools (e.g., McAfee, Symantec).
- Shell (e.g., bash, ksh) scripting experience
- Group administration experience
- Good knowledge of Windows and Linux especially VMware Fusion hosting solutions.
- macOS system (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration experience required
- System monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools (e.g., Solarwinds) experience
- Experience in managing macOS multi-platform environments - Linux, Windows, macOS.
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to lead a small team
- Experience with an ITSM system; ServiceNow preferred
- Experience working with Agile software development methodology
- Experience working in the NASA environment.
- Experience in managing macOS in cloud-based environments - Azure/AWS
- Experience managing mobile devices (e.g. MDM)
- Application of security settings and other commercial security best practices. Awareness of security settings (e.g., STIGs)
- Experience with configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining virtual and cloud environments
- Completing registry backups, restorations and modifications Group Policy Management (GPO) and application of Local Security Policies
- Managing Active Directory/ADFS and DFS PIV authentication
- Network knowledge and experience
- Good understanding of operations in a multi-platform environment (e.g., Windows/Linux/MacOS interoperability).
- Good understanding of storage technologies (e.g., NetApp, EMC) and how these technologies fit into the Windows environment