Leidos Corporate Group has an opening for Payroll System and Solutions Manager to join our Enterprise Business Operations team in Reston, VA. In this role, you will lead a team of professionals focused on special projects functions, Costpoint accounting, payroll policies and procedures, process improvement, compliance enhancement, system configuration, and payroll system vendor management. In addition, you will also lead the learning and development of the payroll team.
Responsibilities and duties include the following, but not limited to:
Payroll and Business Process Management Responsibilities:
- Oversee the support of payroll special projects to align with corporate objectives, and system enhancements/upgrades.
- Manage the analysis of the impact of special payroll projects on production and job schedules.
- Oversee the coordination of required changes with internal and external stakeholders (i.e. prioritization of automated jobs, file dependencies etc.) as requested.
- Own the payroll policies and procedures documentation to ensure and manage accuracy.
- Review all updates to payroll related business process documentation, payroll standard operating procedures (SOPs), and any additional process documents made to ensure timely payroll processing.
- Provide technical advice and training to help develop requisite skills of the payroll staff and end users is expected.
- Create and present complex ad-hoc data analyses and reports such as, identify errors, deficiencies, areas of risk/non-compliance. Also, execute any process improvement or corrective measures.
- Design, implement, and facilitate the training programs for personnel within the division regarding operating policies and procedures.
- Oversee Costpoint accounting team to ensure timely and accurate processing.
- Serve as a point of escalation for high-risk matters related to Costpoint accounting and special projects.
- Perform data mining and analysis from multiple sources using complex statistical methodologies and techniques. Also, develop and design advance predictive models for senior management review.
Payroll System and Vendor Management Responsibilities:
- Manage payroll system enhancements and upgrades that includes; subject matter expertise, coordinate schedule, define test strategy and implementation timeline, and project manage to completion
- Manage the assessment, planning, testing and reporting of internal controls to ensure accuracy of payroll processing and compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Monitor vendor work performance reports and conduct quality assessments to ensure compliance with Leidos standards.
- Oversee investigation of vendor related issues and communicate to vendor the associated corrective action, ensuring timely solution and escalation as required. Provide guidance to the vendor on Leidos payroll policies, procedures.
- Oversee payroll vendor invoices for accuracy.
- Oversee the design, maintenance, and management of the functional aspects of payroll data interfaces.
- Serve as a mentor and provide guidance to the payroll and Costpoint professionals.
- Manage payroll security related issues, including support of SOX and compliance audit process.
- Oversee updates to the Benefit and Leave plan design.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 8 years of relevant Payroll experience, including at least 5 years of experience managing payroll for 10,000+ employees is required. Additional Corporate Payroll experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Proficiency with payroll data analytics to monitor work performance information is required.
- Proficiency with vendor management and payroll processing systems such as ADP and Deltek (Costpoint) is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite - Excel, Word, PowerPoint is required.
- Project management skills and experience with proven ability to lead / manage multiple projects / work streams simultaneously.
- Organized and detailed oriented.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Human Resources preferred.
- CPP certification is highly desired.
- Ability to work with government contractors which includes knowledge of applicable federal laws and regulations (SCA, DCAA, etc.).