The Leidos Corporate Workplace Security Team is seeking an experienced security professional to work as part of a multi-functional project team to facilitate and oversee security actions related to a fast paced, highly visible corporate construction and facility relocation/consolidation project in the San Diego area.
Responsibilities will include developing security measures to prevent the loss, damage or compromise of intellectual, financial and company assets as well as providing a safe and secure environment for Leidos employees, affiliates and visiting personnel. These security measures may include but are not limited to - construction and design standards, physical/electronic security systems, visitor management, parking management, data protection and information system infrastructure protection.
The Site Security Manager will have responsibilities related to both commercial and classified business operations and is expected to be knowledgeable and experienced in applying best practices to support asset protection/loss prevention, security and threat assessment programs, and emergency preparedness. Additionally, they will participate in guiding and supporting the application of physical security measures under U.S. government national industrial security directives (i.e. ICD, NISPOM, etc.).
The preferred candidate will have a strong background in devising and managing a range of systems and programs for the protection of corporate workplaces and operations, to include physical, technical and procedural approaches to risk management. Experience with ICD/ICS 705, specifically with the build out and accreditation of classified facilities, is highly desired.
This position will be based out of San Diego, CA.
- Works under the guidance of the Senior Physical Security Manager to apply Leidos standard practices to new and existing facilities
- Works in conjunction with the project team to fully understand and document security requirements and develop, recommend and implement the most appropriate use of security applications, devices, hardware, services and systems
- Works with internal partners to develop effective strategies to mitigate vulnerabilities, maintain continuity of operations and safeguard the organization from security risks
- Attends project meetings and calls, functioning as the physical security expert and security point of contact and provides updates to the project team, corporate security and corporate real estate
- Plans and oversees the construction of classified areas and ensures compliance with applicable standards
- Performs site inspections and provides oversight and guidance to vendors as needed
- Has the ability to find new and creative security solutions while working within project constraints
- Works in conjunction with workplace security system engineers to develop security designs for electronic access control and alarm systems
- Coordinates with vendors for installation and testing of security systems and related devices
- Collaborates with relevant stakeholders to develop and maintain standards governing the construction of company facilities and the selection and use of security applications, devices, hardware, services and systems
- Documents the ongoing progress of construction of new facilities in accordance with ICD/ICS 705
- Current Top Secret clearance with Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI), SCI eligibility is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in security management, criminal justice, homeland security studies or other relevant field with 4+ years managing similar security functions or security related processes.
- Experience applying security in the government or cleared government contractor industry, construction quality assurance, or hands on supervisory construction experience.
- Experience implementing ICD 705 construction standards.
- Technical knowledge of electronic and physical security systems.
- Process oriented with attention to detail.
- Experience with managing large and complex projects.
- Proven success integrating physical security measures into complex environments in conjunction with maintaining life/safety requirements
- Ability to read schematics and drawings/blueprints
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of both small and large teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with technical and non-technical audiences via both verbal and written communications (e.g., technical writing, procedural development, requirements analysis).
- Must exercise fiscal responsibility through careful and appropriate use of company resources
- The SSM must have an expert understanding of the ICD 705 as demonstrated by experience working on multiple ICD 705 projects
- Experience with environments typically used in US SCIFs and associated QA / QC systems and associated technical exploitation tactics
- Experience with the Software House C*CURE security management platform preferred
- Experience in technical surveillance techniques and procedures and knowledge of foreign intelligence and counterintelligence devices and techniques.
- Knowledge of telecommunication systems (wiring, splicing, patching, switching) and how telecommunication wiring and devices provide a path for listening devices and potential power source for clandestine devices
- Knowledge of technical/mechanical components and systems on plumbing and HVAC systems such as chillers, condensers, air ducts, pipe components in secure
- Knowledge of structural steel welds, fireproofing and associated QA / QC systems and associated technical exploitation tactics
- Experience/Knowledge with foundations footings such as concrete reinforcement bar, caissons, footers, forms and associated QA / QC systems and associated technical exploitation tactics. Knowledge of electrical systems including distribution, power, low voltage installation/conduit, circuit breakers, etc.
- Accreditation/certification in physical security, security management, risk management or project management (CPP, PSP, PMP, etc)
- Experience with government customers
- Skills with MS Office, Visio and graphic editing software