The Defense and Intelligence group at Leidos has a career opening for a Sr. React Web Developer in Fort Meade, MD. *This position will primarily be a telecommuting position, but will need to be in driving distance to Fort Meade, MD.
This Software developer will support, upgrade and make enhancements to the DISA Storefront application (DSF) within the Kinetic Data Core Edition platform. They will also provide recommendations for our React app based on industry-best practices.
- Experience with the React framework and some variation of additional tools (Node, Yarn, Webpack for building and package management, Redux for state management, and Recompose)
- Analyze the usage of different open-source components in our React framework for best-fit with our customer requirements
- Applying government and industry security into the React portion of our web-application
- Coding/configuring software applications based on detailed wireframes and requirements.
- Testing the application for usability and functionality.
- Creating Unit Tests.
- Writing automated UI tests.
- Participating in code reviews.
- Working with the Systems Engineers as well as testers to assure the application is meeting the requirements.
- Work in a fast paced software development environment to meet schedule milestones.
- A BS degree and 12-15 years of experience building complex web applications; 7+ years of experience developing single page applications; 3+ years of current experience developing in React.js and Redux. Prior to that some experience in Angular or Backbone or Knockout or Ember.
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a virtual team.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of Software Engineering field working under limited supervision.
- Currently possess an active 8570 IAT II Certification.
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret security clearance.