The successful candidate will be based in Springfield, VA and will support multiple Signature Modification projects, interacting with corporate managers, project managers, construction teams, and customer. Providing high-quality support to Project Managers related to forecasting, schedule, and performance. The candidate will be required to interface professionally and efficiently with external clients and internal technical and administrative staff at varied levels of experience and authority, and will be required to provide detailed and accurate reports and data sets with short turnaround times. The candidate must be familiar with contracting terms and be able to translate standard contract language into work breakdown structures, develop and manage schedules, create cost and resource control conventions, and prepare and explain performance metrics in conjunction with Project Managers. Communicate effectively with all Project Managers and the client to ensure efficient and accurate schedule development and updates. Meet with project team and resource managers as required in development of baseline schedule, updates and recovery schedules. Monitor and status schedule progress. Identify and communicate significant schedule risks to staff and management team. Document identified project risks, mitigations, and outcomes based on input from teams. Routinely monitor and provide awareness of schedule / milestones / deliverables for all project phases.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor performance, report status and provide necessary documentation.
- Provide metrics and analysis to support forward-looking decision-making based on data.
- Provide planning support to Project Managers.
- Recommend alternative solutions or courses of action that best meet the project's goals.
- Collaborates and assists Project Managers with establishing workload priorities.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships. Frequently communicates with managers and crew leaders regarding emergency situations. Responds to complex customer issues
- Create, monitor, and analyze project schedules in accordance with Government standards of best practice
- Use MS Project files as the source documents for updating milestone graphics weekly
- Upload, link and maintain MS Project schedules
- The Scheduler will assist the project team in tracking and updating schedules from inception to completion of the project.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- United States citizen with TS/SCI clearance w/ Poly;
- Significant related experience that includes project management and tracking using Microsoft Project;
- Strong MS Office skills. W
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with four years in job-related field.
- I n lieu of a degree 4 years of additional experience is required
- Microsoft Project Experience
- Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.;
- Proficient oral and written communications skills to ensure high quality presentations and reports;
- Ability to work in a cross discipline, integrated product team environment.
- Ace Required