No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
The Leidos Civil Group is seeking a Technical Writing Lead for its Research Support Services (RSS) contract for the Department of Energy's (DOE) National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL). NETL is a DOE national laboratory that produces technological solutions for America's energy challenges. The successful candidate will lead a team of technical writers and text editors in support of a project management effort to prepare and deliver high quality research documents in support of the Research Programs at NETL. The team manages and maintains a dedicated SharePoint site on the internal LAN system for all delivered research documents.
The successful candidate will interface daily with engineers, scientists, subject matter experts, and faculty members to gather, edit, format, and deliver high quality research documents for the Leidos project management office in support of the research work at NETL.
Specific Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Coordinate receipt and assignment of work to staff
- Establish workflow requirements to meet deliverable schedules
- Develop templates for various reporting requirements
- Develop/maintain Standard Operating Procedures
- Manage document development and delivery using an internal SharePoint site
- Participate in planning meetings with management and research staffs
- Requires bachelor's degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently in both local and dispersed team settings and to communicate verbally and in writing with peers, colleagues and supervisors to obtain or provide information
- Familiarity and proficiency with Microsoft Office products, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with SharePoint configuration and maintenance is desirable