Leidos Innovations UK is currently seeking a Configuration Management Lead to perform configuration and data management, requiring the use of applied concepts, principles, theories, practices and techniques for a large scale Air Traffic Management environment surrounding the integration of Systems/Services. Applicants must have, or be eligible to acquire, SC Clearance.
The successful candidate will be required to manage multiple concurrent solution configurations and baselines, within a time-boxed integration for all of the programme's configuration items. This is an opportunity to work on an exciting programme delivering critical services and infrastructure key to the future of UK Air Traffic Management.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
The successful candidate will have a full understanding of the principles of configuration management, be able to demonstrate past successes in working within and\\or leading diverse teams and will have prior experience as a Configuration Manger for a major programme involving accepting and integrating deliveries from suppliers. Using their experience in configuration management, the successful candidate will be responsible for working with customers and suppliers to execute configuration management activities across the full lifecycle
Ideally candidates will have experience of identifying, controlling, recording, reporting, auditing and verifying service assets and configuration items including versions, baselines constituent components, their attributes and relationships.
Duties will include:
- The establishment and maintenance of an accurate and complete CMDB is essential to the effective control and management of all services.
- Maintenance of the Integration CMDB of all baseline elements
- Transfer of information from the Integration CMDB into an Operational Service Management CMDB for deployed systems/services.
- Support the programme's integration with the Service Management CMDB to facilitate the transfer of the information.
- lead and manage a team of CM resources
- Identifying CM needs for toolset support and automation and aiding selection/deployment of this toolset
- Collaborate with the programme's integration & test team in support of planning and executing time-boxed integration cycles
- Collaborate with the programme's build & release management team in support of multiple, concurrent, solution configurations and baselines
- Establish and maintain baseline definitions
- Establish and maintain a status accounting and reporting
- Manage configuration audits as required by contract and the applicable policies and procedures
- Monitor and ensure the integrity of systems/tools
- Domain knowledge of the internationally recognised CM standards
- Demonstrable previous CM experience at this level
- Ability to perform within a multi-functional programme team comprising both Leidos Innovations and customer staff
- Relevant CMII qualification
- Time-boxed or agile approaches
- ITIL, ITSM and CMDB
- Service oriented architectures
- Model-based systems engineering
- Familiarity with configuration management of virtualised products/services/solutions
- Experience in a range of commercial CM tools