Leidos has a career opportunity for a Senior Manager, Proposal Operations - Proposal Writing Team located in Reston, VA or Rockville, MD.
The Leidos' Proposal Operations Team provides highly skilled people, facilities, and resources to support more than $40B in annual proposal submissions. We are seeking a highly qualified, Senior Functional Manager able to lead our team of 30+ Proposal Writers and Editors. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Proposal Operations.
• Functional hands-on management of 30+ geographically dispersed Proposal Writers.
• Coordinate staffing assignments in support of competitive proposals across Leidos' business areas.
• Monitor, understand, and support the Leidos Enterprise New Business Pipeline
• Lead the Proposal Writing team through job specific goal setting, performance tracking, mentoring, career progression, and positioning the team for long-term success.
• Supervise and provide leadership and performance guidance to employees and junior staff.
• Oversee and coordinate with Capture Excellence Team on the implementation of the Leidos Proposal Writing course.
• Track, schedule, coordinate, and de-conflict work assignments to support new business capture across the Leidos Enterprise.
• Grow next generation of Proposal Writing Talent through mentoring of internal staff and strategic external hiring.
• Judicious escalation of operational issues to the Leidos Leadership team
• Regularly liaise with Capture Operations & Excellence Leadership, Subcontractors, and Customer Stakeholders throughout the Leidos community.
• This position will require hands-on work to establish team goals, review daily workloads and schedules, and counseling of staff in challenging situations.
• This position could require Writing and Color Review Team work as needed.
• Weekend and evening hours and quick-turn projects are routinely required.
• Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of direct proposal/capture-related experience; Government Contracting experience required
• The selected candidate must possess a minimum of 3+ years of functional management experience, leading team of 20+ employees.
• Ability to manage conflict effectively and negotiate solutions that best support Leidos goals, mission, and values.
• Ability to effectively manage operations & people in a complex, fast paced, and dynamic environment.
• Strong leadership, analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
• Direct Government Proposal/Capture experience.
• Highly organized with strong resource planning skills.
• Knowledge of the Leidos Win Plan
• TS Clearance
• Training experience
• Experience with SharePoint