Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a skilled, experienced ASW Analyst, supporting multiple US Navy programs located at a US Government site in Bethesda, MD. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self-starter for a challenging position supporting programs that develop and produce state of the art training and tactical decision aids systems.
Candidate will develop and evaluate courseware for the Aviation ASW community of the US Navy utilizing the Interactive Multi-sensor Analysis Trainer (IMAT) family of software, and other Tactical Decision Aids (TDAs) and their components. Candidate will support the development of training software and testing of TDAs used onboard submarines, surface combatant ships, aircraft, and shore training, support, and surveillance sites.
Candidate's responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Interact with training development team members, US Navy schoolhouse personnel, software developers, and military and civilian DoD customers to evaluate, design, and develop existing and new training to ensure that all training requirements are captured and designed into the courseware and its supporting software
- Participate in systems engineering activities for high fidelity, supercomputing based, training systems, and acoustic TDAs.
- These activities include one or more of the following:
- Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering; System Analysis and Design; System Integration and Test; Validation and Verification; System and Operational Performance Analysis; and Decision Analysis and Resolution.
Leidos is the prime contractor supporting the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock, for training and tactical decision aids systems used throughout the US Navy Aviation Technical Training community as well as a number of Command Control, Communication, Computers, Integrated Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems.
- High school degree with significant subject matter work experience obtained through prior military experience, or B.S./B.A. with an ASW-related officer tour.
- Ability to obtain & maintain a Secret Security Clearance
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must have 10+ years of subject matter work experience, obtained through prior related military experience; or two years education toward a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited educational institution in Mathematics, Physics, Acoustics, or Engineering combined with eight years of fleet operational experience directly related to ASW operations, systems, and theory
- Must have specific subject matter expertise in one of the following subject areas: Fixed-wing or helicopter airborne acoustic or non-acoustic sensors operation, underwater acoustics, underwater sound propagation, tactical oceanography, ASW Radar and/or Electronic Warfare, US Navy Instructor and/or Master Training Specialist.
- Must be comfortable working directly with software developers and conducting software testing.
- Must be comfortable working directly with US Navy and government civilian training personnel to plan, develop, author, review, and deliver courseware.
- Must be able to utilize Microsoft Windows and Office products in support of day to day tasking.
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Military experience in Aviation Warfare Systems Operation as an acoustic, non-acoustic, or helicopter operator (AWO/AWR) or junior officer
- Acoustic Intelligence experience
- US Navy Integrated Learning Environment (ILE), Instructional System Design (ISD), and/or Master Training Specialist (MTS).Software development and or software testing experience
Leidos is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, engineering, and health. For more information visit www.leidos.com.