Leidos is looking for a System Specialist in Buchanan, NY. This position will be responsible for
monitoring, operating, troubleshooting and repairing the Indian Point Energy Center (IPEC) Alert
Notification System (ANS.)
Duties include performance of the following:
• CCU Poll
• Soft Reset
• Monitor the sirens auto Poll results (7pm & 7am)
• Check Battery Voltages
• Perform system Silent Tests on Microwave and Telco
• Perform IPEC ANS Daily Status Forced Sync Back Up Reports at EOF and GSB
• Auto Switch Over Check (GSB) IP Poll Telco Poll Weekly Alarm and Poll Trending (Friday)
• CCU Poll Check Tx Path - "Both" Check Comm Path on Microwave.
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree with 1+ years' experience. An additional 4+ years of relevant experience may be
considered in lieu of a degree.
• Knowledge of ANS including hardware and communications paths, including siren operation and
microwave, telco and TCP/IP communications.
• Knowledge of public Alert Systems (AS) including reverse 9-1-1 and NY Alert.
• Knowledge of Software development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Knowledge of software and firmware testing
• Knowledge of maintaining software
• Knowledge of Entergy Condition Reporting System (CR.)
• Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems with ANS County Control Unit PCs.
• Availability to provide 24/7 on call support as assigned.