The Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation of Leidos is seeking a Senior Program Manager for our Washington, DC or Grand Junction, CO locations, contingent upon award. The Senior Program Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and managing resources, including subcontractors in support of segments of the Federal Government and the greater public sector. The ideal candidate will be experienced in leading large Civil programs with Federal agency customers while motivating staff to meet and exceed customer expectations and possess significant Environmental Management expertise. Lead meetings with key stakeholders to gather requirements, analyze impact, finalize plans as steps in an iterative process supported by formal sign-off from approvers. Demonstrated ability to create input for data-driven decisions, and a track record of follow through on the implementation of such decisions.
Proven leadership in communication, relationship management, strategy implementation and program management in addition to understanding of the environmental cleanup and post-closure ecosystem is desired. There are a variety of interfaces and external partners, and operations are highly visible both internally and externally to the public. The program is dispersed at various physical locations where the work is being conducted, including environmental, property management, policy, planning, budget and integration, administration, and records and information management. Travel may be required.
- Organizing, directing, and managing all aspects of contract operational support functions involving multiple complex and inter-related project tasks that often require managing teams of contractor personnel at multiple locations.
- Provide overall direction of program activities, manage and maintain contractor interface with the senior levels of the customer's organization, consult with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverables, ensure conformance with program and project task schedules and costs and contractual obligations.
- Establish and maintain technical and financial reports to show progress of projects to management and customers, organize and assign responsibilities to subordinates, oversee the successful completion of all assigned tasks
- Manage a diverse team of professionals including IT and environment to ensure the success of the program
- U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business management, engineering or science is required.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in managing multiple, major programs for DOE/NNSA and/or other related government customers
- Demonstrated experience leading +$300M programs or larger with 200+ personnel in the federal sector
- Advanced knowledge of PM fundamentals and processes including the Earned Value Management System and other Project Controls
- Technical understanding of engineering controls, environmental monitoring, environmental compliance, and environmental management systems
- Familiarity with DOE regulations and requirements, contracting practices, and cleanup site
- Currently possess an active Q clearance or Top Secret Clearance
- Project Management Certification (PMP)
- Advanced degree in Environmental Management, Environmental Science, Business Management or related field
- Knowledge and understanding of reporting requirements related to environmental consulting/services such as laws/regulations, and sufficient practical knowledge of environmental sciences