Looking for work-life balance? Leidos offers generous leave and accommodating flex-time to help you juggle your personal and professional life. Ask us about it.
While you're at it, ask us about our new Laser Systems Engineering opening supporting military directed energy systems in Dahlgren VA. Work requirements analysis and performance specification development through the design, development, integration, testing, and fielding processes. Apply integrated systems engineering approaches in dealing with architecture data elements and architecture design and modeling. Follow a rigorous system engineering process to transform operational requirements into specifications, architectures, and configuration baselines. Ensure requirements traceability and testability. Develop, update and maintain systems architectures.
Cool stuff you will do on the job:
- Collaborate to address and manage performance, cost and schedule trades within baselines.
- Establish technical criteria to judge development efforts against requirements.
- Utilize strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as exceptional attention to detail.
- Initiate, work, and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Expertly identify risks and develop mitigation.
Skills you need to be successful in this role:
- ABET accredited BS in Engineering discipline or related technical degree with at least 5 years related professional technical experience or equivalent in performing systems engineering.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Familiarity with US Navy or other service weapon systems and platforms.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- MS degree in technical or scientific field
- Experience with Models-Based Systems Engineering tools to generate system engineering products such as DOORS
- Knowledge of the integration, validation and verification of military weapons systems.
- Experience with sensors and systems related to low- and high-energy lasers.
- Recent experience with directed energy research and development programs.
- Experience including mission area analysis to define mission operational requirements and concepts of operations, development of system concepts, conduct of system trade studies, generation of system performance and functional requirements.
- Proficiency in requirements development and military standards, interface development, architectures, states & modes, functional flow diagrams, and engagement sequencing.