Leidos is the prime contractor supporting the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock, for training and tactical decision aids systems used throughout the US Navy supporting submarines, surface ships, surveillance SONAR systems as well as a number of Command and Control (C2) ASW systems.
Our High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation and training products for this customer.
In this role, you will use your expertise with Linux Operating systems (including concepts, command line interface (CLI), and hardening) to perform the following duties:
- Work on multiple facets of the training systems that we design, develop, integrate, and install at Naval sites around the nation.
- Be part of the team responsible for technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding Linux based training systems.
- Perform systems requirements analysis
- Take part in trade studies
- Be involved with the development of multi-processor Linux system network boot concepts.
- Provide technical leadership.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelors Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience; or if no degree, additional related work experience.
- Demonstrable expertise with the Linux operating system (Enterprise Linux, either RHEL or CentOS) or Network engineering (specifically focused on Cisco products)
- Proven ability to identify, quantify, and solve complex technical problems.
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret clearance (US Citizenship for 5 or more years)
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (U.S. Naval sites across the United States, typically no more than 2 weeks in length)
- Active DoD Secret or Top Secret Clearance
- Technical certifications i.e. Red Hat are desired but not required.
- COTS hardware design and build, knowledge of latest CPU, memory, video trends and products
- Cisco Network design, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Detailed knowledge of BIOS and UEFI
- Reverse engineering skills on Linux systems (OS and software/scripts)
- Detailed Linux operating systems knowledge (build, configure, boot)
- Red Hat Package Manager skills
- Server provisioning via Cobbler, Foreman, Spacewalk, Katello, Stacki, Maas, Razor, etc.
- Virtualization Technologies: KVM, QEMU, VMWare, Docker, puppet, Vagrant
- Cluster System design and management (currently using Cisco UCS)
- Linux Scripting, BASH and Python
- Systems software skills for such things as: power management in large-scale systems and creating system services for systems monitoring and status
Candidates not local to the Bethesda, MD area are eligible for a sign-on bonus to off-set the costs of relocation.