No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
The Civil Group of Leidos Corporation is seeking a Senior Master Planner to work with the Antarctica Support Contract (ASC) Project Management Organization (PMO) and ASC O&M functional organizations to lead the strategic planning for the U.S. Antarctica Science Stations. We are seeking a motivated self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment. The Senior Master Planner will be expected to exercise independence and judgement and receive only general supervision from senior management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs professional work related to a variety of planning assignments to include site analysis, user questionnaire development, and workshop facilitation.
- Manages complex planning studies including: campus master plans; community or city master plans; and, site development studies.
- Oversee production of project planning products and Life Cycle Analysis methods.
- Supervise and develop long, mid and short-range facility infrastructure management plans. Responsible for leading a matrix team to organize develop and produce a rolling five-year long range program or site wide annual strategic plan.
- Coordinate new site Master Plans and updates to existing Master Plans.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop functional and operational requirements and design criteria.
- Lead integration and collaboration of multiple capital projects, resulting in a program wide project prioritization.
- Act as lead planner for Antarctica Program, integrating multiple site planning activities into a comprehensive strategic plan.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in planning, and a minimum of 12 years or relevant experience.
- Demonstrated infrastructure, facilities, and project planning expertise at Federal sites.
- Experience with sustainability planning and integration into strategic plans.
- Exhibited past practice in environmental planning and integration into long-range plans.
- Proficiency in the philosophies, principals, practices and techniques of strategic planning.
- Demonstrates experience with large-scale campus planning, community or city planning.
- Knowledge of principles, methodology, practices of research and data collection.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for preparing and presenting planning reports and projects.
- Creative problem solving skills to gather relevant information to solve planning problems.
- Group facilitation skills for use with stakeholder and community workshops.
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software programs, which may include expertise in MS Office Applications, and Internet applications.
- Master's Degree