The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for an Availability, Capacity, and Demand Manager in the National Capital Region. Exact position location within the NCR to be determined.
JOB SUMMARY: Availability, Capacity, and Demand Manager for the Department of Navy (DON) Next Generation Recompete (NGEN-R) contract. In this role, the Availability, Capacity, and Demand Manager will provide guidance and oversight on the implementation and execution of Information Technology Service Management (ITSM), Information Technology Information Library (ITIL), Defense Enterprise Service Management Framework (DESMF), Navy Process Model (NPRM), COBIT, Agile, and Project Management among other industry standard best practices to enable centralized planning and decentralized development and execution of IT processes. The successful candidate will contribute to the continual process improvement process through transformation activities, updating its service management environment to accommodate and support changes to services, people, processes and tools.
• Ensure the successful, timely reactive, and proactive resolution or initiation of resolution of detected capacity issues, including notification and escalation of high priority issues in infrastructure.
• Develop and oversee Demand, Capacity, and Availability Management processes, procedures, risks, and work instructions that include developing, analyzing, managing, and reporting overall status and recommendations for resolution.
• Recommend, as part of the Network Transformation/Modernization Plan, improvements to services and supporting infrastructure.
• Develop correction actions for continual service improvement.
• Oversee the development of Availability Impact Analysis reports and assess Trend Analysis to assist in determining corrective actions for performance improvement. • Lead the development of Capacity Impact Analysis and Capacity Trend Analysis reports to assist in determining impact root cause.
• Design, Develop and Maintain Periodic Capacity plan - Capacity plan includes monitoring, trending, forecasting and assessing new demand.
• Support all audit, regulatory and compliance deliverables related to capacity planning.
• Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of overall relevant experience.
• Demonstrated experience providing expert advice and guidance on capacity and availability.
• Strong understanding of capacity management principles and best practices with demonstrated experience identifying and managing capacity and availability issues and risks.
• Demonstrated ability to minimize the adverse effect on operations of incident and problems caused by capacity related issues in the infrastructure and to proactively prevent the occurrence of such incidents and problems.
• Broad working knowledge of advanced monitoring, management, performance modeling, capacity analysis tools, and other advanced modeling and trending tools. • Currently possess a DoD Secret security clearance or higher.
• Prior Navy NGEN or NMCI experience.