The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Chief Network Architect in the National Capital Region. Exact position location within the NCR to be determined.
Chief Network Architect with demonstrated experience designing, architecting, and managing large scale network infrastructures in support of the U.S. Navy Next Generation Enterprise Networks Re-compete (NGEN-R) program. NGEN-R is the Next Generation contract procurement of information technology (IT) services for the Navy and Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI). The Chief Network Architect will lead the development of all Naval Enterprise Network (NEN) network plans, oversee implementation of network architecting and engineering efforts, and be responsible for setting direction and promoting continuous evolution of the network, including architecture refresh and cloud integration. The successful candidate will have strong organizational and analytical skills with the ability to understand and break down complex networks with minimum supervision.
• Create, review, analyze, and incorporate technical requirements into Enterprise Wide architectures.
• Communicate critical and time sensitive network planning, performance, and vulnerability information directly to the Naval Enterprise Networks (NEN) Program Management and Technical Leadership team.
• Provide guidance, oversight, and direction for the application of state of the art information technology within the Department of Navy (DON), ensuring that the Marine Corps and Navy utilizes best in class technologies and practices in support of its missions.
• Lead the integration and performance tuning of solutions such as QoS, VoIP, VTC, network load balancers end-to-end encryption.
• Lead the development of highly innovative products/solutions, achieved through collaboration and dialogue with other experts.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 15+ years of combined experience performing network engineering and architecting duties on projects that support at least 100,000 users either internationally or across multiple U.S. states.
• Demonstrated experience designing, developing, building and implementing information security within networks using DoD information security standards, network infrastructure life cycle management, researching, and proposing new networking technologies for inclusion in future designs, and developing detailed end-to-end network performance assessments.
• Demonstrated relevant experience proposing new networking technologies in support of LANs, WANs, BANs, and wireless networks for inclusion in future designs.
• Demonstrated experience developing detailed end-to-end network performance assessments.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Currently possess at least one of the following vendor specific certifications: Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Citrix Certified Professional - Virtualization, Citrix Certified Expert - Virtualization, Juniper Networks Certified Enterprise Routing and Switching-Expert, or Juniper Networks Certified Enterprise Routing and Switching-Professional.
• Currently possess DoD 8570 IAT III Certification such as CASP, CISSP, CISA, GCED, or GCIH.
• Currently possess a DoD Secret security clearance or higher.
• Master's degree in a relevant technical discipline.
• Enterprise Architect Certificate or similar certification.
• Prior Navy NGEN or NMCI experience.
• Network transformation and modernization planning experience to optimize, improve efficiency of services, and enhance network design.
• Prior Navy ONE-Net experience.
• Active TOP SECRET clearance.