The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a full-time Enterprise System Architect to work in our Fairfax County, VA offices.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Army ITEMSS contract mission. In this project, we will:
• Maintain current Army force management information technology systems (e.g. RCAS, FMS, and DRRS-A) with goal of sunsetting these legacy systems within three years
• Architect the future solution, using the Army Organization Server (AOS) and AOS Data Interface (AOS DI) as the technical framework for consolidating the entire portfolio of Army Force Management applications into a single application (Global Force Information Management 1.0) for active, National Guard, and Army Reserve across multiple functional domain areas.
• Using Agile microservices architecture and non-relational databases services (NRDS), build a modern on-premise virtualized (cloud-enabled) set of secure containerized solutions to meet Army data standard hierarchial data format.
• Migrate legacy applications from their flat data structure into the new required hierarchial data solution.
• Train and transition Army force management workforce to these new applications
This project is expected to operate at least seven years with a ceiling of $980M.
• Lead the ITEMSS Program, which involves legacy applications sustainment until decommissioned, and the design and phased implement of a new microservices architecture for the new GFIM 1.0 application. This includes:
o Interacting with key government personnel and functional stakeholders
o Working with microservices-oriented scrum teams ensuring all solutions are user-focused rather than technology-focused.
o Managing the technical team as part of the 200 technical, management, and other project personnel
o Maintaining responsibility of technical portions of Program financials and deliverables
o Assuring Leidos achieves performance metrics as articulated in the contract Service Level Agreements, etc.
• Assuring Leidos financial goals are met or exceeded
• Keeping Leidos executive management aware of program performance, issues, etc.
• Bachelors degree in relate field, and 15 plus years of overall experience.
• A minimum of five years of experience in managing projects using best business practices for a rapid system development approach.
• A minimum of five years of experience in managing projects with environments similar in size, scope and complexity to those managed under this program: Modern architectures, complex data constructs, .NET , Oracle computing environments, Linux Environment, Windows Computing Environment, VM Ware, etc.).
• A minimum of five years of experience managing integration teams similar to the size, scope, and complexity of the work and environment.
• Possess an IA Technical Level II certification.
• Possess an Active Secret Clearance.
• Experience in military force management systems as either user or developer.
• Experience working with microservices cross functional teams to quickly deliver incremental functionalities.
• Minimum of five years of experience developing systems solutions to operate within the DODIN.
• Minimum of five years of experience designing solutions compliant with the DODAF.
• Experience providing PowerPoint executive-level briefings.