No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
- Power homes and businesses
- Guide air traffic
- Streamline tax returns
- Protect digital footprints
- Contain environmental incidents
- Heighten port security
- Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Data Center Support Services (DCSS) HCAccess program is looking for a highly motivated software developer to create and maintain web-based software systems. The DCSS contract is responsible for providing engineering solutions that satisfy TSA's human capital (HC) policies. This includes maintaining systems that support various HC areas such as recruiting and hiring of new employees; processing of personnel, payroll and benefits; and help desk support . The candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing components for complex web applications that help facilitate each of these functions . The individual will work closely with management to understand their business requirements and develop scalable designs, prototypes, and solutions that meets the needs of the customer. This unique opportunity requires no clearance up front, the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance, and offers excellent benefits, flexible schedules, and the potential for telework.
Prefers for one to be in Vienna, VA area, individual hired will spend time in Vienna, VA office for the first couple of weeks and will work virtually/telework afterwards.
• Support web development projects from requirements through production launch, maintaining established standards and best web practices.
• Prepare impact assessments related to the software baseline.
• Assist in the analysis of system requirements and the derivation of implementation requirements.
• Participate in full lifecycle software development, including design documentation, code reviews, and unit testing.
• Design and implement customer requirements within technical, schedule and cost constraints.
• Build and test databases, web services, and other back end components while connected to user interfaces and external applications.
• Create and maintain user interfaces within a small team.
• Aggressively resolve key technical issues as they arise.
• Maintain burndown plans for development work.
• Communicate status and capabilities at stakeholder briefings.
• Highly motivated
• Experience in web and software development
• Experience with Java and/or .NET languages
• Experience creating and maintaining Oracle and SQL Server databases.
• Experience creating and maintaining web services
• Can learn new technologies and acquire new skills through independent study
• Experience working in a software lifecycle including requirements, design, code, and test
• Experience with working in a collaborative environment
• Team player attitude and willing to lead when necessary
• Can also work independently and follow an established project plan
• Able to prepare impact assessments for new functionality
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Can elicit requirements and generate technical designs
• Can understand projects from the perspective of both client and business
• Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
• Able to implement requirements within project constraints
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent problem solver
• Effective multi-tasker
• Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
• Experience with Human Capital operational processes
• Experience working with virtual employees
• Experience working in a team environment using Agile methodology
• Experience using team-based development tools such as Jira, etc.
• Experience developing user interfaces that are Section 508 compatible
• Experience with jQuery, Bootstrap, and other popular web frameworks
• Experience utilizing PaaS and/or SaaS technologies
• Experience implementing and administering a cloud environment
• Experience remediating security vulnerabilities in web applications
• Strong customer service orientation