Leidos is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer who specializes in RF communications to support our program office in Greenbelt, Maryland (ability to work remotely will be considered). Leidos is part of Space Communications Network Services (SCNS) team that is responsible for the operation, maintenance, sustainment, and systems engineering of NASA's worldwide satellite communication networks. The selected individual will support the next Generation ground terminal studies for the NASA Space Network.
This position requires an active Secret clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading all system engineering actives required to support RF communication R&D studies.
- Coordinate and review modeling, simulation, and analysis of RF communication technologies, techniques, and operational concepts (particularly in the Ka-band and higher frequency range).
- Developing technical documentation including requirements, interface control, verification, and operation concept documents.
- Evaluating potential RF communication architectures and ground station locations based on atmospheric propagation and associated link budgets.
- Supporting the implementation and modems, frequency convertors, amplifiers, and antennas for space-ground links.
- Analyzing modulation, channel coding, interleaving and equalization methods.
- Identifying system performance analyses, trade studies, risks and associated mitigations.
- Developing test plans and procedures for RF communications technologies and techniques.
- Supporting the development, coordination, and presentation of Key Decision Point (KDP) Presentations (e.g. PDCR, PDR, CDR, SRR, SIR, SAR, ORR, etc.)
Typical Education and Qualifications:
- Master's degree in engineering, physics, computer science, mathematics, or a related technical field and 15+ years of demonstrated work experience.
- 5+ years of coordinate and review modeling, simulation, and analysis of RF communication technologies, techniques, and operational concepts.
- 5+ years of developing test plans and procedures for RF communications technologies and techniques.
- Prior experience NASA or other federal government agency projects.
- Experience with space-ground RF communications systems and subsystems.
- Familiarity with NASA, DoD, or other agency systems engineering processes.
- Knowledge of the NASA Space Network