The Leidos Government Health & Safety Solutions Operations is seeking a talented Software/Systems Chief Architect, contingent upon contract award, to drive the technical execution for an FDA innovation program in White Oak, MD.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requires DevSecOps, Innovation, Modernization, and
Engineering Services to modernize the IT infrastructure to support FDA's mission that is responsible for protecting the public health by ensuring the safety, efficacy, and security of human and veterinary drugs, biological products, and medical devices; and by ensuring the safety of our nation's food supply, cosmetics, and products that emit radiation.
The ability to rapidly develop and deploy information systems and resources plays a critical role in enabling the FDA's efforts to transform agency operations and respond quickly and accurately to emerging scientific, technological, and economic trends affecting its regulatory mission. To support rapid development and deployment, the FDA is increasingly leveraging methodologies to help streamline FDA modernization efforts, such as Agile development (e.g. SCRUM, Kanban), Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), IT Asset Management (ITAM), DevSecOps, Containerization, Microservices based architecture, Software Defined Networking (SDN), among other contemporary innovations.
The Program Manager position is a highly visible strategic position to ensure the program is prepared to run and manage the program, risks and issues are quickly identified and mitigated, a plan for growth of the contract is established, and key staff are retained and any changes are managed and pre-coordinated with the FDA customer. The successful candidate will be PMP certified and have at least 10 years of Program Management experience. The person in this position will work directly with the FDA senior leadership team and the Leidos Health Systems executive leadership team to ensure success of all aspects of the portfolio including team leadership, client relationships, management for CPAR scores and improvements, oversight of strategic initiatives, supporting proposal and capture activities, and other support responsibilities.
The successful candidate will serve as the program manager typically responsible for organizing, directing, and managing all aspects of contract operational support functions involving multiple complex and inter-related project tasks that often require managing teams of contractor personnel at multiple locations. The Program manager will provide overall direction of program activities, manage and maintain contractor interface with the senior levels of the customer's organization, consult with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverables, ensure conformance with program and project task schedules and costs and contractual obligations.
The Program manager will establish and maintain technical and financial reports to show progress of projects to management and customers, organize and assign responsibilities to subordinates, oversee the successful completion of all assigned tasks, and assume the initiative and provide support to marketing personnel in identifying and acquiring potential business.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Program Management position include but not limited to the following:
- Direct program management experience providing solutions to FDA or similar civil government customers for at least 10 years and a proven record of capturing and executing business to encompass all aspects of the job description.
- The successful leader will have demonstrated current and significant relationships with FDA or comparable civil government executives and mid-level managers, particularly in IT operations, management and software development.
- The leader will be responsible for managing large, complex IT application/system development, engineering, and sustainment efforts. This person will need to be very familiar with the Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC).
- The leader will be responsible for ensuring security measures are established to comply with customer requirements and minimize any disruptions to service.
- Successful record of capturing new business at FDA or comparable civil government customers for opportunities with at least a 10% growth.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience. Generally has 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification (Active Certification Required)
- Requires a record of successfully managing Programs of $20M to $30M per year for Department of Health and Human Services operating division or other civilian government agency
- Must have successfully managed fixed price, performance based software development contracts
- Broad working knowledge of software development lifecycle and application development, web technology, BI tools, security and server infrastructure
- Proven experience with successfully leading teams of engineering in providing enhancements and solutions to critical business missions
- Experience working in a CMMI L3 or higher environment
- Hands on experience with Control Account Management and Earned Value Management
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) required
- Proven experience with supporting highly critical customer missions
- Evidence of continuous learning of new business area, technology, and methodologies
- FDA domain knowledge
- Demonstrated experience with DevOps practices
- ITIL V3 Certifications
- CISSP Certifications