No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and cyber security professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Leidos is seeking a Senior-level Security Systems Administrator to support a federal customer within the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC). Responsibilities include:
- Working experience with and knowledge of Linux operating systems (Windows is a plus).
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues.
- Perform system upgrades, patches, and other administrative tasks
- Utilize Linux (RHEL) and Windows Server tools
- Perform STIG checks, and remediate as necessary
- Compile simple scripts (bash, PowerShell, etc.) to automate small tasks
- Monitor the systems daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns
- Create and verify backups of data
- Linux (RHEL) Operating Systems
- Windows Server (any) Operating Systems
- STIG Knowledge/Experience
- Process Development/Documentation
- Strong problem-solving aptitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Security Operations experience considered a helpful
- Must have at least 8 years of progressive technical experience that demonstrates relevant skills in systems administration.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or an information management field preferred. Additional applicable military or relevant experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Cybersecurity/IT certification considered a must
- Must be a US citizen and be able to pass a government background check.