No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Leidos is looking for a Program Management Specialist to support the NNSA Office of Defense Programs to perform on-site contractor functions. Work will be in the NNSA offices located at the Department of Energy Forrestal Building in Washington, D.C. The focus of this position will be to support NNSA Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) process and requirements.
• Attend NNSA meetings on AoAs; document meetings; and prepare and distribute meeting minutes and track action items.
• Support the development of schedules on various AoA projects; track office deliverables and determine status.
• Support the development of program briefings; brief NNSA federal director on status of major activities.
• Establish continuity and support process improvement of the overall AoA process.
• Manage access to the shared electronic work space (i.e., SharePoint, OMB MAX) used for collaboration and development of documents.
• Attend external meetings on requirements definition; participate in requirements validation process, as necessary.
• Conduct research and perform analysis on various technical topics as requested by NNSA federal director.
• Manage, facilitate, and support meetings with the Cost Estimating and Analysis Group (CEAG) and Cost Estimating Community of Practice (CECOP).
• Interface and coordinate AoA efforts with other NNSA organizations.
• Perform analysis of NNSA operational activities and gathering related military, governmental, and business systems related information to assist the team in making informed decisions.
• Interact with team members to conduct simulations, and decision support system applications
• Communicates with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members.
• May communicate with parties external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.).
• Will collaborate with the team to address and resolve complex problems that typically involve multiple issues unique to the program.
• Eight to twelve years of experience of an increasingly responsible nature in a Federal or government contractor organization.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Master's degree is preferred.
• Demonstrable competence with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook) and Federal civilian and/or military central systems.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in nuclear weapons programs is preferred.
• Ability to meet deadlines and track and follow-through on multiple often unanticipated daily, weekly, and monthly tasks.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects.
• Understanding of DOE Order 413.3B is preferred.