We are looking for upcoming and recent grads to join our team!
Grow and advance rapidly in your career by letting Leidos challenge you with some of the world's toughest technological challenges.
Our Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) has an opportunity for a Signal Processing Engineer in our Arlington, VA location. Embrace this challenge where you'll bring your passion and experience in signal processing to develop, model, and evaluate the performance of techniques for sensors in challenging sensing environments in the RF (radar, communications) and optical domains. More broadly, you will have the opportunity advance the state of the art in research and advanced applications to support ongoing and future programs in the areas of Electronic Attack, Electronic Protection, and Electronic Support. You will work with the team to develop future innovation efforts through IR&D and direct funded efforts. Your thoughts and efforts will not go unnoticed as you develop innovative technological solutions.
- Work in small teams or individually to achieve program success.
- Analyze results from simulation or real data to identify root causes and trends.
- Develop, model, and test algorithms in Matlab, Simulink, or C++.
- Engage in multiple projects working with all levels of technologists as well as the customer.
- Communicate results in briefings and written material to team and management as appropriate.
- Take direction from Team or Task Lead.
- Plan and perform analytical and engineering research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer specifications.
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or similar field with less than 2 years' related experience.
- Working knowledge of scientific programming and algorithm development.
- Experience with radar signal processing.
- Strong analytical skills in the areas of digital filtering, spectral estimation, detection and estimation theory, linear algebra, and stochastic processes.
- Experience with Matlab, C/C++, Simulink, or similar language.
- Proven record of innovation for both posing and solving complex signal processing, detection, estimation, and tracking related problems.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- US Citizenship and eligibility to obtain DoD security clearance.