Leidos is seeking a full-time mortgage specialist to support the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Office of Single Family Housing. Our team provides support to the lending industry and the public by answering requests on FHA mortgage processes and policies to assist HUD in their mission to increase homeownership.
Relocation funding is not available for this position.
• Respond to inbound calls, emails, and written correspondence
• Provide excellent customer service by providing complete and accurate responses in a professional and efficient manner.
• Enter accurate and detailed information in a database summarizing the contact and the assistance and references provided.
• Use a knowledge base and follow standard operating procedures (SOP) to respond to requests.
• Escalate requests that cannot be resolved to another department.
• Maintain updated knowledge of FHA mortgage processes and procedures.
• 3 years of mortgage experience with at least 2 years of college, or 5 years of mortgage experience with a High School diploma.
• Mortgage experience must include at least one year in loan origination.
• Must be able to obtain a government security clearance, which includes a credit check and background investigation.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including the closing shift, which is 11:30am to 8pm.
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
• Ability to navigate a computer content management system and related web sites
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Good time management skills
• FHA mortgage processing and origination experience.