Leidos is seeking a Software Engineer to work in a customer site in Northern Virginia. The Software Engineer will assist with software development and software testing by leveraging pre-existing and continuing experience to sustain, maintain, test, and upgrade system capability. The Software Engineer will assist in the evaluation of system operational design, system integration, and hardware configurations in accordance with applicable DoD and Army standards and policies.
- Install, operate, maintain, test and validate new software and scripts.
- Install, test, operate, maintain and validate system improvements.
- Evaluate and correct issues.
- Integrate newly procured software and/or hardware.
- Develop, configure, manage and implement test plans and processes.
- Tailor new capabilities to automate test plans and procedures.
- Execute and evaluate customer test plans.
External Referral Eligible
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: (list the "must have" requirements to be considered for hire)
Applicant must have active TS/SCI security clearance at date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Computing Environment - Linux and Windows OS.
BA/BS in field of Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field, and 4-6 years total work experience (or less than 2 years with MS degree).
- Provide software testing services in support of software changes derived from system / software upgrades and security report findings (based upon recommended priority) in the new development, as well as conducting continuous assessment of the new code developed.
- 2+ years of experience Linux system administration.
- Strong knowledge of Python object oriented language analysis,
- Working knowledge of VMWARE, VSphere and ESXi.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server and Desktop operating systems.
Communicates with internal and client project team members.
Requires deep understanding of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of technical domain and has broad understanding of other related specialty areas.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (list additional "pluses or nice to have" skills/experience)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present technical information to reviewers in oral and written formats.
- Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables. Responsible for entire projects or processes within a technical area.