Leidos is hiring a Jr Modeling and Simulation Software Engineer at the Washington Navy Yard, DC. This is a unique opportunity for a recent college graduate to build upon their academic/internship skills in Software Engineering, Software Development, Systems Engineering and related fields. This candidate will support the development and modernization of flight simulation software on the Mission Validation System project.
Candidate must have an active Secret clearance; additionally, the candidate must also be eligible for a Top Secret clearance.
Leidos maintains and develops the Mission Validation System (MVS) software system for the benefit of Strike Planning and Execution Systems Program (PMA-281) under the Program Executive Officer Unmanned Aviation and Strike Weapons (PEO(U&W)). The MVS project develops and maintains two separate high-fidelity Six Degrees-Of-Freedom (6-DOF) simulations of the Tomahawk missile, along with various supporting software tools. MVS is accredited by a board of community experts guaranteeing the integrity of simulation results.. Using the additional suite of software tools, simulations can be executed in Monte Carlo mode for statistical performance prediction.
- Perform requirements development and analysis and allocate using engineering source documents.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug software source code using modern as well as legacy software development languages and tools, such C++, FORTRAN, Ada.
- Use Microsoft Team Foundation Server development operations, collaboration and source control tools.
- Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing.
- Identify potential roadblocks and impediments, and develop resolutions.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- Develop maintainable code that matches specifications.
- Participate in design reviews, release planning, estimating, demonstrations and retrospectives.
- Perform unit testing of code, including manipulation of data for analysis of system requirements.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- BS/BA in related technical field obtained within the last 12 months
- Proficiency using C++ and FORTRAN
- Knowledge of Microsoft Team Foundation Server and Agile Development methodologies
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment;
- Good verbal and written skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
- Current Secret clearance required for consideration
- Agile Software development experience
- User experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Ability to communicate key development approach to team members
- Active DoD TS clearance