Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Network Engineer to support of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) - Information Technology (IT) program. The Army Corps of Engineers - Information Technology (ACE-IT) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 40,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS). ACE-IT is the enterprise IT service delivery team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, supporting mission requirements using a site-specific support model aligned along the USACE Regional Business Centers.
ACE-IT provides direct on-site command and control, coordination, planning, and operations and maintenance support for routine and emergency IT services. Leidos is actively seeking personnel to support USACE headquarters locations in Washington, DC; Vicksburg, MS; Huntsville, AL; and Hillsboro, OR; across other USACE locations; and virtual positions.
The Network Engineer is located in Vicksburg MS or Hillsboro, OR. In this role, you will provide installations and support designing solutions for the current corporate WAN system within ACE-IT taking into account availability, scalability, security and manageability as appropriate. You will also support network engineering on a broad range of programs providing support for various business-critical networks. Some tasks involve supporting the full system engineering life-cycle including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, and implementation.
- Assist senior network engineers with operations, maintenance and projects
- Lead installations at the Central Processing Center or Western Processing Center locations
- Provide recommendations to Operations on what features to enable and how to use them.
- Provide Tier II and assist with Tier III support to Operations in support of the WAN service.
- Respond to problem (architecture and design level) tickets associated with WAN/LAN.
- Provide project-based engineering and on-going enhancement engineering support for WAN/IWAN, LAN, and WAN acceleration, coordinating with other SMEs or Senior Network Engineers.
- Develop WAN/IWAN/SDN system analysis and design documents for ACE-IT corporate WAN architecture, specific projects, assessment of business process and design artifacts provided by project, program or service support staff
- Work with the other departments in designing, staging configuration, implementation and support as applicable.
- Experience with Multicast
- Experience with Network Access Controls (NAC) 802.1x
- Experience in Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) for new technologies
- Familiarity with DNS/DHCP, IPAM (BlueCat), load balancers (F5), WAN Optimization (Riverbed), and Authentication Systems (Clearpass), SSL VPN.
- Experience with enterprise network management tools such as HPNA, SolarWinds, Cisco Smartnet, LiveAction, Splunk, or similar technologies
- VoIP implementation and Support
- Current or former Cisco certifications - CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, etc.
Bachelor's degree and 4-8 years of IT related experience, including Network Administration / Engineering. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Experience with CISCO Switching: STP, RSTP, MST, LAN tuning / protection, VTP.
- Experience with WAN and VPN Solutions, GET-VPN/GDOI, MPLS, DMVPN Phase1/2/3, IPsec, IPsec/GRE, iWAN and Performance Routing.
- Experience with Riverbed WAN Acceleration, SSL.
- Experience with Network Hardware Design and Configuration, Network Troubleshooting, Network Performance Tuning.
- Experience with Cisco WAN/LAN technologies - VLANs, Spanning Tree, MPLS tagging.
- Knowledge of ITIL Change & Configuration Management.
- DoD 8570 certification requirements at the IAT III level
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain Secret security clearance is required.
- Customer Service Focused - the ability to deliver sustained high performance and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Analytical thinker, Metrics Driven
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills to effectively translate and communicate complex technical information and risk to all levels of internal and external organizations
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, excellent analytical ability
- Team building, mentoring and coaching skills
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- Work well under pressure with differing levels of Team Members and Management
- Ability to maintain confidential information and communications
- Exposure to other network monitoring systems and IT Service Management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Work, Excel, PowerPoint)