Leidos has an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Business Development Director located in Reston, VA.
The candidate will partner with the Leidos Health - Behavioral Health and Naval Health Division (BH/NH) leadership to drive the organization's strategic growth objectives by developing and refining an understanding of customers' most important needs and creating/leading winning capture strategies. BH/NH is an Industry-recognized innovator in supporting the Department of Defense and the warfighter programs to endure
warfighter readiness and address the needs of the families and communities that support the warfighters.
The selected individual will be held accountable for identification, qualification and capture of business development opportunities as well as the generation of qualified pipeline growth necessary to meet or exceed the Division's and Operation's forecast and plan. In addition, this individual will plan and recommend BD and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration and to drive tactical and strategic growth. **Telecommuting is available for this position.
• Grow the opportunity pipeline, to include existing as well as adjacent markets/customers, through diligent and timely identification/qualification of new business opportunities by leveraging current technologies, customer intimacies, and inter-company collaboration
• Support development of growth plans to ensure alignment with strategic goals of the Operation & Division
• Lead and participate in the identification, qualification and pursuit of strategic business opportunities
• Develops internal cross-organizational relationships and drives new growth through collaboration with the other sectors
• Obtain marketing intelligence and competitive data pertaining to potential targeted pursuits, and develop marketing strategies
• Participate in bid decisions, gate reviews and the development of cost strategies
• Play a key role in the development and execution of the long term strategic plan for the Division and Operation
• Conduct customer visits and perform research to understand current and emerging customer needs and requirements
• Establish, build, and maintain customer relationships and assess competitor capabilities aligned to specific customers across a diverse business portfolio
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 15 years of leadership experience working in defense, government services and/or other professional services running program capture, planning, and execution
• Demonstrated success in leading and growing DoD and warfighter services business
• Can provide at least one example of leading opportunity captures >$50 million including: developing overall win strategy, shaping deals with customers, developing team strategies, understanding pricing and assisting in developing winning price
• Ability to identify, establish and use important customer relationships with senior level officials and program stakeholders with DOD, Naval, Army and Air Force Customers
• Proven ability to collaborate within and across organizational boundaries
• Ability to identify key growth areas and develop new business aligned with the company's growth strategy
• Knowledge of Government contracting and current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors
• Knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor behaviors in the market
• Experience in budget management of B&P, IRAD and overhead dollars
• Excellent writing, communication skills with experience presenting to senior executives and customers
• Proven experience working with geographically diverse teams; strong coaching and mentoring skills. Proven ability to collaborate within and across organizational boundaries to achieve results through others. Possesses the skills and ability to empower and engage people and instill drive and passion into the organization
• Experience with warfighter programs that support the conditioning (both physical and mental) of warfighters, and the return to service programs that support warfighters.