Leidos Defense group is seeking a THAAD Field Engineer for a long-term assignment in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) - mandatory training and preparation at Ft. Bliss, TX is required prior to deployment. The candidate will be a member of a support team and assist the customer in the operation, maintenance, repair, and sustainment of the THAAD Fire Control & Communication (TFCC) system and THAAD Launcher system in accordance with established Technical Manuals, procedures, processes, and engineering documentation.
The successful candidate will:
• Provide field and sustainment level maintenance support to UAE THAAD Fire Units.
• Support the customer in managing and monitoring the maintenance and sustainment program to include scheduling services, system upgrades, and modifications.
• Perform all maintenance actions and failure troubleshooting that are above the level of the Enhanced Operator/Maintainers (EOM) to include but not limited to: software, hardware, interconnecting cabling, electrical system, and networks.
• Demonstrate proficiency in reading and comprehending electrical and mechanical drawings.
• Create, update, and complete Maintenance Actions within allotted time and verify completeness and accuracy of maintenance reports.
• Identify issues, develop, and submit investigation reports to assist program engineers with design changes.
• Support the customer's training programs through collaboration with our program partners to ensure highly trained and competent crews.
• Understand the customer's expectations and perceptions in order to provide the best support possible; mission, values, and goals.
• Address all comments and feedback received from the customer; receive no negative feedback from the customer.
• Establish trust and confidence by creating and maintaining open, candid lines of communication with the customer and external companies/agencies.
• Perform all duties under minimal supervision and cross train to gain proficiency working with all elements of the THAAD system.
• Demonstrate discipline, adaptability, attention to detail, foster collaboration, sound judgement, and initiative.
This position is designated as mission essential and may require deployment training and military exercise participation, and other related training for the area of operations. Candidates will support military operations in a potentially hazardous zone and support all lead up events; working overtime and non-standard shifts as necessary. Mandatory training and preparation at Ft. Bliss, TX is required prior to deployment.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree.
• Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET clearance.
• Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a CompTIA Security+ certification within six (6) months of hire.
• Network/Systems experience in design, installation, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN infrastructure.
• Experience working in UNIX/Linux environment and various software platforms in Defense, Manufacturing, and/or Engineering services industry.
• Demonstrated proficiency with networking technologies, e.g., routers, switches, and firewalls.
• Intermediate mechanical skills, experience with hydraulics.
• Knowledge of COMSEC and CCI handling and utilization.
• Must be proficient in the use of commercial test equipment to troubleshoot and rework mechanical, electronic, and electrical equipment.
• Demonstrated proficiency with the Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and the Microsoft Office Suite
Demonstrated ability to quickly master new technical and training applications.
• Experience and knowledge of US Army Air and Missile Defense operations.
• Intermediate to advanced electronics skills.
• Possesses CompTIA A+, Network+, Linux+ certifications.