No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
This work supports the Strategic Partnerships group under Science & Technology Strategic Plans & Programs at the National Energy Technology Lab (NETL). NETL is part of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) national laboratory system and supports the mission to advance the energy security of the United States. NETL implements a broad spectrum of energy and environmental R&D programs that will return benefits for generations to come.
This position supports NETL's Technology Transfer activity across the Laboratory, but especially in support of NETL's portfolio of self-performed research in the Research and Innovation Center. Technology transfer is the process of transferring new technologies from the laboratory to the marketplace, transforming research into new products and companies so inventions benefit the greatest number of people as quickly and efficiently as possible. At NETL, researchers work every day to develop technology solutions to difficult problems. And NETL Technology Transfer works with entrepreneurs, companies, universities and the public sector to move federally funded technologies to commercialization through licensing agreements, patents and other instruments of intellectual property management.
Support by the Technology Transfer Coordinator for NETL's technology commercialization mission is anticipated to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Review NETL patents and assist in developing strategies for developing IP/patent positions in select areas
- Assist in the preparation and evaluation of new inventions
- Organize, support, and participate in the monthly Invention Review Board meetings
- Prepare and deliver Patent/IP Awareness Training for NETL Staff
- Develop/maintain an invention tracking/management system for housing all relevant information related to the various NETL inventions and patents
- Support the national's labs researchers and their teams
- Maintain process guidance documents and draft legal agreements
- Communicate processes to internal and external clients
- Prepare and administer routine correspondence, memoranda, and related documentation
- Interface with potential partners regarding invention management
- Provide customized reports to varying audiences
- Track and report weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual metrics
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in business, social sciences, or related field and four years of experience. Experience in intellectual property management is beneficial.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. This position will require extensive interface with all levels of the federal client (NETL) and potential collaborative partners, so excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- The complexity of information to be managed will require excellent organization and documentation skills; attention to detail is a must; and an ability to troubleshoot, resolve administrative problems, and quickly respond to inquiries.
US Citizenship is required in order to access the needed servers and information.