This role provides technical expertise in storage engineering, administration, and operations. This role maintains enterprise storage infrastructure to ensure proper configuration, availability, performance, capacity, and maintenance (including application of the latest patches and upgrades). This role monitors technology obsolescence, manages upgrades, and evaluates alternatives across on-premises and cloud IT infrastructures, both virtual and physical. This role monitors operations and collects and evaluates metrics to manage storage services and for inclusion into project KPIs and Service Level Agreements (SLA). This individual performs risk assessment, risk mitigation analysis, vendor trade studies, and appropriate documentation to ensure storage services are available according to established Service Level Agreements (SLA). This role ensures continuity of operations including disaster recovery.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- This role is responsible for architecture, design, installation, configuration, administration, support, and maintenance of storage, including associated hardware and cloud resources.
- Duties include updating to new technologies, tuning performance, allocating storage space, and prioritizing the implementation of critical system patches.
- This infrastructure includes on-premises and cloud resources.
- Experience applying expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
- Experience supporting a broad range of assignments requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Experience developing methodologies and presenting solutions to problems.
- Experience contributing to deliverables and meeting performance metrics.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph.