The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a full-time Transition Manager to work in our Fairfax County, VA offices.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Army achieve the ITEMSS contract mission by successfully transitioning this integration of three legacy programs into a single program over a period of three months. In this project, we will:
- Maintain current Army force management information technology systems (e.g., RCAS, FMS, and DRRS-A) with goal of sunsetting these legacy systems within three (3) years.
- Manage the design, development and delivery of the future solution, using the Army Organization Server (AOS) and AOS Data Interface (AOS DI) as the technical framework for consolidating the entire portfolio of Army Force Management applications into a single application (Global Force Information Management 1.0) for active, National Guard, and Army Reserve across multiple functional domain areas.
- Use agile development techniques for enabling a microservices-based architecture with non-relational databases services (NRDS) to build a modern on-premise virtualized (cloud-enabled) set of secure containerized solutions to meet Army hierarchial data format.
- Migrate legacy applications from their flat data structure into the new required hierarchial data solution.
- Train and transition Army force management workforce to these new applications
- Manage sustainment of the Army National Guard (ARNG) core applications which includes an ARNG Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and BI tool, along an application that automates processing of DD 200 (Financial Liability Investigation of Property Loss (eFLIPL).
- Manage the ARNG Distributed Learn Program that includes 302 fixed classrooms, 51 mobile classrooms, and 50 mobile light classrooms across 54 states/territories.
- Provide support to the USAR G6 on IT build-out work special projects for new and existing Army Reserve and USACAPOC facilities throughout the U.S.
This project is expected to operate at least seven years with a ceiling of $980M.
- Lead the transition of the ITEMSS Program and support the Program Manager in its leadership. ITEMSS is a maintenance and development program for Army force management. This includes:
- Interacting with key government personnel
- Managing a team of approximately transition staff
- Maintaining responsibility of transition financials and deliverables
- Assuring Leidos achieves performance metrics as articulated in the contract
- Assuring Leidos financial goals are met or exceeded
- Keeping Leidos executive management aware of transition performance, issues, etc.
- BS degree in a related field and 12 plus years of prior overall relevant experience or Masters and 10 plus years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience managing or transitioning complex IT projects/operations of a nature similar in size and scope to ITEMSS.
- Ability to deal with high operational tempo involving quick response and coordination of numerous personnel of diverse functional and technical areas of expertise.
- Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Has domain and expert technical knowledge.
- Directs and controls activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met. Interactions involve client negotiations and interfacing with senior management. Decision-making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
- May supervise others.
- Must possess an active DOD Secret level security clearance.
- Experience with EVMS requirements.
- Experience in leadership of complex tasks, including review of work products for correctness, compliance with industry best practices, DoD standards, and Army standards.
- Experience working in a DoD acquisition environment.
- Experience providing executive-level briefings.